Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 16 - October 2020 /// WH Lung Incidental Music

AMA

@Jan So Morrissey what was your inspiration for many of the lyrics For “you are the Quarry” a Album many considered a return to form big time“

Morrissey. “Do you eat meat - Fuck you and your bloody hands. Trump has some interesting ideas for world order btw”

Its gonna be The Fall .......
“infotainment scan” ...done ✅

Description
The Infotainment Scan is the fifteenth album by The Fall, released in 1993 on Permanent Records in the UK and by Matador Records in the USA. At the time of its release, it was considered the band's most accessible album and came when the band were experiencing unprecedented recognition in the media

=+&=&_
Its gonna be The Fall .......
“infotainment scan” ...done ✅

Description
The Infotainment Scan is the fifteenth album by The Fall, released in 1993 on Permanent Records in the UK and by Matador Records in the USA. At the time of its release, it was considered the band's most accessible album and came when the band were experiencing unprecedented recognition in the media

Nope

I'm going with Brotherhood.

Fits the monk clue (Brotherhood of Monks) and the mancunian/ 24 hour party people vibe as they and Joy Division were on Factory. Charity because... Erm.. Every little counts... But that's also the countdown clock... As it the nature of count down which is to take a collection of random letters and rearrange them in to a new order to spell a word. The rest of the clues I've no idea but also have no better ideas so I'm going with it. And if Hooky is doing the Q+A then Byers is a booking genius.

Last edited:
So Day 7 - Getting towards half point (reveal date)

I think Guesses are warming up - Has anyone got it yet . mmmmmm

Id suggest keep on trying, but you never know....
Hints will follow - perhaps not today.
Tomorrow I'm gonna provide a timeline for the album. I think that will be useful.

For now and just for @Rowan......

Random aside - I was close to choosing a Nick Cave Album for AoTM (I had it bagged months ago when I first put my name in the hat) - I was held back by the thought too many people may be very familiar with Nick Cave and already have the pick. And the reality my fave Nick Cave Album is The Boatmans Call - Which far too many people on here surely have already. I didnt want to then do a "VMP" and choose Album number 3 or 4 in the Discography :)

Hence why i posted "Red Right Hand a few days ago" - A nod to what might have been.
FYI - It would have been - "Push the Sky Away"
Which I have played many times - Whilst im not a particularly sombre character - I do enjoy a good self-indulgent wallow into melancholy with a dark moody Album.

So Day 7 - Getting towards half point (reveal date)

I think Guesses are warming up - Has anyone got it yet . mmmmmm

Id suggest keep on trying, but you never know....
Hints will follow - perhaps not today.
Tomorrow I'm gonna provide a timeline for the album. I think that will be useful.

For now and just for @Rowan......

Hahaha. Honestly. Once i have that tune on I just keep it on repeat. Not just my favourite New Order song but one of my favourites from any band ever.

And as an extra treat the Youtube vid jumped from that to Fade Into You (live on Jools) by Mazzy Star... so Mazzy Star is my current Monday afternoon work accompaniment. Double win

Back