Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 16 - October 2020 /// WH Lung Incidental Music

I checked this list Artists and bands from Manchester, England and had a look at all bands with electronic as genre & styles :

Bernard + Edith (only one album, Jem, only on CD)
Hurts (not a mixed band)
Jim Noir (solo)
Lamb (I like Gabriel on What Sound but
The 1975 (not a mixed band)
The Breath (more folk than electronic)
The Whip (one album, Wired Together, but CD only)
Whyte Horses (more pop than electronic)

So that's it...

I checked this list Artists and bands from Manchester, England and had a look at all bands with electronic as genre & styles :

Hurts (not a mixed band)
Jim Noir (solo)

So that's it...
@ByersVinyl confirmed above that he gave no hint about the band being mixed

Hurts (not a mixed band)
Jim Noir (solo)

So that's it...

I've a theory... It actually was Brotherhood by New Order but after I guessed it early doors (with it fitting all the clues and all) @ByersVinyl decided to change it, hes broken Hooky's heart by sacking him from the Q+A and is now scrabbling round trying desperately to find a mancunian, 808 weilding, electronica band that tenuiosly fits. Basically, he hasn't picked it yet and the piccardilly records is a red herring to buy more time.

It's the only obvious explanation

Hurts (not a mixed band)
Jim Noir (solo)

So that's it...

Great work !

I've a theory... It actually was Brotherhood by New Order but after I guessed it early doors (with it fitting all the clues and all) @ByersVinyl decided to change it, hes broken Hooky's heart by sacking him from the Q+A and is now scrabbling round trying desperately to find a mancunian, 808 weilding, electronica band that tenuiosly fits. Basically, he hasn't picked it yet and the piccardilly records is a red herring to buy more time.

It's the only obvious explanation

Piccadilly Records most definitely not a red herring because my Album happens to feature pretty highly on one of their end of year reviews.....

On WH Lung Bandcamp page Symmetry, by W. H. Lung

***Please note: Profits from this single will be donated to Mustard Tree & Booth Centre, two local charities dedicated to the issue of homelessness***

W. H. Lung return with a brand new one-off single.

'Symmetry' takes you for a wander through their hometown of Manchester via scattered statues (Alan Turing, Friedrich Engels, Queen Victoria) whilst highlighting the massive homeless problem in the city.

Singer Joseph E. "There’s a statue of Alan Turing in a small park just off canal street in Manchester city centre. The statue has always struck me as odd, the face is quite childishly done and Turing seems to be offering his fruit to passers-by. People often sit with him and take pictures. The park is also regularly attended by the homeless community of Manchester. As visible a presence on the streets now as the statues of the great and famous."

The group will take 'Incidental Music' on a victory lap around the following dates late November.

In 2015 piccadilly hat mancunian band horsebeach with their album Ii on number 2. And the 50 pound note has Elizabeth Ii on it. Ok I'm reaching

Back