Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 15 - September 2020 /// 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) 'Jimmy Bell's Still In Town' - Win A Prize Box!

Haven't been following closely, but doesn't look like this has been guessed/discussed:

I'll say Wussy is the band. Which album? Attica! Why? Not really sure, that's just my favorite of theirs :D

Clues that connect:
  • From Ohio (Cincinnati)
  • Active band
  • All (at least most I checked) of their LPs are available direct from Bandcamp for a nice price
  • No direct ties to any of previous bands in the clues, but they are certainly a progression from those bands
  • @Yer Ol' Uncle D is definitely a fan based on a cursory search of the band name on here

There's live albums in Agora, Cleveland in 1976 from the Runaways and Boston, but both seem to be unofficial releases and the Boston one seems to not be on vinyl. But I could perhaps be overthinking it and the clue is just that one of the bands listed here is the artist of the AOTM. I am perplexed 🤔

EDIT: Just realized @dhodo guessed this one already. matches up well...

Ok, I think this might be it

15-60-75 (The Numbers Band)

Fits the 1-4-5 clue with the ratio
from Kent, Ohio
Saxophonist is Chrissy Hynde's brother
hyphenated man clue fits hyphens in name

Album is Jimmy Bell's still in town

"It was recorded onstage at the Agora in 55 minutes in front of Bob Marley’s audiences"
released in 1976
reissue liner notes by David Fricke (Rolling Stone) and David Giffels (Co-Author of "Are We Not Men?")

Last edited:
Updated the guesses list. Make sure your name is there. If I missed you, please let me know.

Remember, you get one entry in the drawing for guessing, another entry in the drawing for ordering the record from the artist upon announcement and if someone is first to guess the record, they'll get a third entry.

Thanks for the great participation from everyone. Your taste in music is sublime.

I'll throw another couple obvious clues out between now and the reveal later on tonight.

This has been a lotta fun. I hope y'all had fun too.

Last edited:
Updated the guesses list. Make sure your name is there. If I missed you, please let me know.

Remember, you get one entry in the drawing for guessing, another entry in the drawing for ordering the record from the artist upon announcement and if someone is first to guess the record, they'll get a third entry.

Thanks for the great participation from everyone. Your taste in music is sublime.

I'll throw another couple obvious clues out between now and the reveal later on tonight.

This has been a lotta fun. I hope y'all had fun too.

list me please !

from Kent, Ohio

"It was recorded onstage at the Agora in 55 minutes in front of Bob Marley’s audiences"
released in 1976
reissue liner notes by David Fricke (Rolling Stone) and David Giffels (Co-Author of "Are We Not Men?")
Seems to the best fit. You can order the reissue directly from the band website, as well.

from Kent, Ohio

released in 1976

I think y’all got it.

“By 1972 though, Gerald Casale, future co-founder of Devo (bass), and David Robinson were added to the lineup.”

“Founded in 1969, and part of the Akron Sound“

EDIT: Jimmy Bell’s Still in Town is a double LP.

it’s less than $30 bucks.

the band has a website

and I think international shipping is like an extra 3 bucks.

Last edited:
Back