Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 12 - June 2020 /// Tortoise - TNT

Alright, I'll give a real clue.

Clue #2:
giphy.gif

I've just realized that my Britney Spears guess also fits this hint, because SHE'S SO LUCKY SHE'S A STAR.

Thanks!

Uhhhh, hard to know a good question for so early in the month.

Here are a few:
Decade?
Genre?
Band or solo artist?
Best way to eat lobster?
Is a hot dog a sandwich?

You could also just give us another good clue, you're in charge, it's your month!

Thanks!

Uhhhh, hard to know a good question for so early in the month.

Here are a few:
Decade? 90s
Genre? Nah
Band or solo artist? Too soon
Best way to eat lobster? As a lifelong Mainer I should be more qualified to answer this, but I've never liked it and I've also now been a vegetarian for 15ish years.
Is a hot dog a sandwich? I won't be the one to take this bait!

You could also just give us another good clue, you're in charge, it's your month!

Ok, I'll take a guess: Pennywise - Full Circle

Simpsons Clue - The scene w/ Lisa & Nelson is from the episode Lisa's Date with Destiny. Track 2 from Full Circle = A Date with Destiny
10-4 Clue - There are 14 tracks on Full Circle (10 + 4)
90s album - Came out in 1997
Pennywise is still an active band

Plus this song is still awesome and brings on huge wave of nostalgia of going to Warped Tour in the mid 90s:

I've just read through this thread, very cool. So here's my guess:

Ash "1977"

So 1977 is the title of that album, this fits clue 4. It was released in 1996 and the band is still active, released a record called "Islands" 2 years ago. Regarding the Simpsons clue wiki says about the record: the title refers to the year of (...) the release of Star Wars. The album opens with the sound of a TIE fighter, and ends with the track "Darkside Lightside", the title of which is a Star Wars reference, and which climaxes with a choral version of the Star Wars theme. The band also covered "Cantina Band", as the b-side to the "Girl From Mars" single.

Not really sure what 10-4 could refer to though.

Ash "1977"

So 1977 is the title of that album, this fits clue 4. It was released in 1996 and the band is still active, released a record called "Islands" 2 years ago. Regarding the Simpsons clue wiki says about the record: the title refers to the year of (...) the release of Star Wars. The album opens with the sound of a TIE fighter, and ends with the track "Darkside Lightside", the title of which is a Star Wars reference, and which climaxes with a choral version of the Star Wars theme. The band also covered "Cantina Band", as the b-side to the "Girl From Mars" single.

Trying to make sense of the other clues, they brought out a compilation called "Teenage Wildlife: 25 Years of Ash" this February, so some kind of fitting timing, some anniversary.

According to wiki, they have released 8 studio albums, 1 EP and 1 live album (thus 10) and 4 compilations, so that might explain the 10 - 4 clue?

Ash "1977"

1977 is also the year that Star Wars was released and the year that the 3 original (and current) band members were born.

Back