Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1 - July 2019 Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

The Lou Reed guess is so on point that it is difficult to see how it isn't the AoTM, but Shoot Out the Lights by Richard and Linda Thompson appear to fit a few clues, too.

It's an 80s album. It's not jazz. It features 2 guitars, bass, and drums. It has a Jethro Tull Crest of a Knave connection, with Dave Pegg playing bass on both. Only Thompson is on the RS list, though, with Simon Nicol overlooked. (Haven't checked the discogs list, either.)
We've convinced ourselves that it can't have extra instrumentation like accordion and dulcimer. Unless @Murfocakes is watching us interpret that wrong and laughing!

Buddy Guy - Stone Crazy!

Alright alright I'll stop! Probably Lou Reed is a better guess.

Edit: Oof, this was released in 1981 by Alligator records but was just a re-release of the 1979 album The Blues Giant. I'll see myself out.

Last edited:
I cannot update the guess list's post because there are now more than 10000 characters. Are you all happy non?!!! What should I do!?

EDIT: I deleted the "Others" part.

Didn’t you reserve yourself a second post? You could have put the “not it” in there and kept the current post for live guesses?

There are tons of guesses this month. Way more than last month :) N&G AOTM is growing fast.

It is! I remember running the two VMP ones and the first one I needed 4 posts for guesses. And in both months I couldn’t rule anything out because of storf’s dick head clues. First month isolated numbers and second month dumb melted photos 🤬😡🤬😡

Also 2 terrible months for curation sadly 🤷🏻‍♂️

It is! I remember running the two VMP ones and the first one I needed 4 posts for guesses. And in both months I couldn’t rule anything out because of storf’s dick head clues. First month isolated numbers and second month dumb melted photos 🤬😡🤬😡

Also 2 terrible months for curation sadly 🤷🏻‍♂️

Do you mean in contrast to the months here with me & @Skalap

Hmm, I was looking forward to an excuse to buy some early Metallica album, damnit.

Nothing stopping you. Do it. Master Of Puppets. Go. Get it.

Back