Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1 - July 2019 Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

The Outfield's "Play Deep" works if the "two guitars" part of the clue either includes the bass or if it was meant to reference that John Spinks played "Guitars" rather than "Guitar". Never listened to this whole album before, but I love how many voices there are harmonizing on these songs.

Reissued last year for the first time on vinyl in over 30 years!

I can’t imagine why all 4 studio albums and the 3 singles/b-sides/bbc sessions wouldn’t be. I can understand people not having Rank even though I still do...

That said I do now have 9 of their 20 7” singles, I fully intend to finish that off and then move onto the 12” singles...

If @uvwxVinyl wants to start somewhere their best albums are the last two, The Queen Is Dead and “Strangeways, Here We Come”, and the first of the aforementioned compilations, Hatful of Hollow, is an amazing introduction to the band!

There is so much other good stuff in the 80s too. Sonic Youth’s best album, The Cure, The Jesus and Mary Chain, the back end of Joy Division and then New Order, Kate Bush, The Stone Roses and soso much else...

Have you got Ask on 7inch?

i checked all 3 now (its actually pretty easy, 250 per page, crtl+F, mega)

and none of them have it, add them to the list, and remove those ones i mentioned being out (billy idol, GNR, Men at Work, Replacements, Etc.)

the only thing that might make me unsure about megadeath is that the last album they made was super far right and reactionary

i checked all 3 now (its actually pretty easy, 250 per page, crtl+F, mega)

and none of them have it, add them to the list, and remove those ones i mentioned being out (billy idol, GNR, Men at Work, Replacements, Etc.)

the only thing that might make me unsure about megadeath is that the last album they made was super far right and reactionary

Done! We have a nice and heavy list :)

Back