Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1 - July 2019 Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

I was listening to that Prince Originals album today @Lee Newman btw. Have you heard it? It’s AMAZING! Every one of the tracks is better than the studio one.
its kinda sad that i listened to almost no prince.. its been on my backlog but i have a big backlog and its hard to listen to all the prince albums.. i've listened to basically just the classic purple rain and that amazing piano & microphone album

I have never gotten into Prince. I think he was very talented but just not for me. Metallica, otoh, I’ve heard all the potential ROTM albums numerous times throughout high school. And, I am not really into metal. They were just fucking badass. Everything after though just sucked balls and the Napster thing made me hate their guts.

Following on from this, any word on Zachattak? Hoping hes aware of the move over to this site?

Nothing. I stopped trying to contact him. He never answered any of my message. I could try to contact a friend of him who was at the Comet is Coming show with us but it would be a bit weird, right?

Last edited:
its kinda sad that i listened to almost no prince.. its been on my backlog but i have a big backlog and its hard to listen to all the prince albums.. i've listened to basically just the classic purple rain and that amazing piano & microphone album

For Prince it can be daunting but i’d start with his Hits 1 & 2 compilations, then Purple Rain & Sigh O The Times, then Parade & 1999. Do the early purple patch first. If those albums don’t grab you then nothing by him will. But they will.

Back