Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 0 - June 2019 /// MARK DE CLIVE-LOWE - Heritage Vol.1

went on street view and at those coordinates there's also "Afrodita" and "Ancestors Coffee House" - wouldn't rule out African from the mix as we all know how much @Skalap loves AA
Good Eye, I can definitely see the Asian Bazaar being there as a way to throw some of us off into different directions, well played, well played

How did this occur - I only go as far back as Wilko - War on Drugs era. Were they more unoffical email club at the start ?
I bet those were the good ole days eh. How did you even become aware so early ?

@Enoch will confirm but I think they started their subscription service with standard releases. The first VMP exclusive was Diarrhea Planet in 2014 (limited to 620 copies according to Discogs).

How did this occur - I only go as far back as Wilko - War on Drugs era. Were they more unoffical email club at the start ?
I bet those were the good ole days eh. How did you even become aware so early ?
Yeah they were just buying a bulk number of a standard release added a computer printed cocktail and a postcard artwork (a literal postcard)

I see an Asian Bazaar, so it's gotta be something Japanese
if we are going this route, Heritage 1& 2 are all inspired by Mark de Clive-Lowe’s Japanese heritage.
HERITAGE is about identity and one’s place in the world - it sees MdCL sharing new compositions inspired by childhood folk stories, the mythology of his motherland and his own personal experiences in Japan, all wrapped up in his blend of jazz and sample culture influences .
Source: https://markdeclivelowe.bandcamp.com/album/heritage

if we are going this route, Heritage 1& 2 are all inspired by Mark de Clive-Lowe’s Japanese heritage.
I certainly would support this case and believe it to be true, bit what makes me unsure is this
Of course it is! Plus, you didn't cracked all the hints yet.
So that means we either have the day and night clue or the latitude and longitude hint wrong

Someone just received his Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 0 - June 2019 this morning :) I will wait for you all to spin though.

[EDIT] Yeah I am not that dumb, I am not adding anything else to my Discogs collection before May 31st :devilish:

Back