Needles and Grooves AoTM /// Vol 53- November 2023 /// ADI OASIS - LOTUS GLOW

Purple-and-red-mix.jpeg

clue reference: album

looove the guess, but no.

here's a vid of gayngs playing their song 'the last prom on earth' at first avenue with prince waiting in the wings with his guitar strapped on, but for reasons only prince knows he never went up. this was a really, really cool time for the local twin cities music scene, with so many bands collaborating and lifting each other up, and it spoke volumes that prince felt it worthy to even show up.

Audio track is Heatwave's - The Groove Line written by Rod Temperton who, after being recruited by Quincy Jones, "... wrote several successful singles for Michael Jackson, including "Thriller", "Off the Wall", and "Rock with You".[2][1] He also wrote songs for George Benson, including "Give Me the Night" and "Love X Love", along with Patti Austin and James Ingram's United States number-one single "Baby, Come to Me", among many others.[2] Temperton wrote the soundtrack for the 1986 film Running Scared. In 1990 he won a Grammy Award for Best Arrangement, Instrumental or A Cappella for Birdland.[2]"

EDIT: Instead of replying to every hint, I'm gonna reuse this post to use as a sounding board for the clues.

"Hello, who is it." in French translates (according to Google) to "bonjour qui est-ce"
The Weeknd received that award in 2015 for his album Beauty Behind the Madness
Heatwave has been sampled 12 times
Mastering Engineer for Of the Girl by Pearl Jam, done by Ed Brooks. Mixing Engineer, Brett Eliason.
Bebe's Kids voice cast.
Red-Purple mix is close to Magenta. Image also gradient.
ANY connections made yet @AndySlash

Audio track is Heatwave's - The Groove Line written by Rod Temperton who, after being recruited by Quincy Jones, "... wrote several successful singles for Michael Jackson, including "Thriller", "Off the Wall", and "Rock with You".[2][1] He also wrote songs for George Benson, including "Give Me the Night" and "Love X Love", along with Patti Austin and James Ingram's United States number-one single "Baby, Come to Me", among many others.[2] Temperton wrote the soundtrack for the 1986 film Running Scared. In 1990 he won a Grammy Award for Best Arrangement, Instrumental or A Cappella for Birdland.[2]"

EDIT: Instead of replying to every hint, I'm gonna reuse this post to use as a sounding board for the clues.

"Hello, who is it." in French translates (according to Google) to "bonjour qui est-ce"
The Weeknd received that award in 2015 for his album Beauty Behind the Madness
Heatwave has been sampled 12 times
Mastering Engineer for Of the Girl by Pearl Jam, done by Ed Brooks. Mixing Engineer, Brett Eliason.
Bebe's Kids voice cast.
Red-Purple mix is close to Magenta. Image also gradient.

Didn't realize you've been updating this post. Great stuff

yeah, the only observation in your notes that comes closest to making a direct connection to the album is the last one.

i admit the clues at this point are more obtuse than straightforward, but they will get more on point the further we get. i feel like the first person to make a direct connection to the artist/album will be able to put a good chunk of the other clues here together very quickly, and much of the rest of the clues will follow if they do just a minimum of research on the artist.

jester-court-jester.gif

(this gif is a clue, too)

clue reference: album

Back