N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Well, Santa has certainly smashed it this year, thanks so much!!

Absolutely fantastic albums which I can't wait to dig into them! Funnily enough, Santa also got me a Tom Waits album last year and I'm LOVING this new tradition. This one is full of live recordings (with each one being from a different venue/date) and as a fan of live recordings anyway, I think Waits really comes to his own here. I have always thought he is at his best when live (one of my favourite albums by him is Nighthawks At The Diner) and one of my regrets is that I likely won't see him live now that he's kind of retired. At least I have albums like this though!

Plus I also got this FANTASTIC John Lee Hooker 2lp set. My only other JLH record is the VMP Classics, which I only recently got and have been spinning constantly. So this definitely came at the perfect time and I cant wait to hear more of his music!

Also worth noting that they came from Sister Ray, a shop which I used to frequent before Covid and one which I have tried to buy from online when I can (most of my RSD items came from them), so thanks for that as well Santa, I am sure they will be glad of the order.

Thanks again Santa, absolutely fantastic package!! ❤️

View attachment 81078
Glad they arrived safely and that you like them! We have quite a lot in common with our music tastes though you have far more records than I do, so it was both very fun and very overwhelming picking things for you 😁
Happy holidays 🎄

Glad they arrived safely and that you like them! We have quite a lot in common with our music tastes though you have far more records than I do, so it was both very fun and very overwhelming picking things for you 😁
Happy holidays 🎄
Fantastic thanks so much again @Eriatarka, you certainly picked a couple of greats! I listened to the Tom Waits earlier and it was superb!

Happy holidays to you too, hope you have a great one!

Santee,

Not sure that the package will get to you by the holiday. I apologize. Above all, hopefully it gets there safely.
It’s okay, I’ll be out of town starting Wednesday and not be back till the new year so I’ll see what fantastic thing you got me then. Oh, yeah... the coal... you’re such a sweetheart.

Santee, one of your gifts is now out for delivery ❤️

So this arrived today, I saw the box and immediately thought "Secret Santa!" but then the note inside totally threw me off. Your comment on my status made me realize it really was Secret Santa. Thanks so much! I've been loving Godspeed since I was a freshman in 2001 and my roommate thought I might be satanic for listening to music like that (I went to a Mormon university... it wouldn't be the last time roommates thought I liked somewhat "satanic" music).

20201221_224749.jpg

Last edited:
So this arrived today, I saw the box and immediately thought "Secret Santa!" but then the note inside totally threw me off. Your comment on my status made me realize it really was Secret Santa. Thanks so much! I've been loving Godspeed since I was a freshman in 2001 and my roommate thought I might be satanic for listening to music like that (I went to a Mormon university... it wouldn't be the last time roommates thought I liked somewhat "satanic" music).

View attachment 81133

It took some time but it finally arrived. This album was missing from your Discogs collection so I hope your list was updated and you really don't have this classic. Enjoy and be patient, another package should arrive someday :) Happy Christmas Santee!

Santa, I think my package has arrived. I've just got a message saying a parcel from my local is at the supermarket, and I haven't ordered delivery from my local ever 🧐 (Edit: it's a well-known quote but love the bags from my local)

If it's not that, I'm guessing it's one of the 10 (🤯) parcels in pending delivery for me. It's going to be a great post-Xmas surprise as I'm now away from home until around New year. Merry Christmas!

20201222_115148.jpg

Last edited:
Back