N&G AoTM /// Vol. 56 - February 2024 /// 🇮🇪 Lisa O’Neill - All Of This Is Chance /// 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Idlewild - The Remote Part

just to help the non irish.
these are the Limerick and Dublin Teams winners of the Hurling and Football All Ireland titles in 2023.
(hurling and football are 2 gaelic (irish) games, falling under the GAA organisation).

the hurling all Ireland county champions are awarded the Liam MacCarthy cup.

the football all Ireland county champions are awarded the Sam McGuire cup.

make this all you want to help with the guesses.
as of now I haven't a clue!

Album 1, 2nd clues: Band/Singer/Songwriter? 3rd Clue: Irish?

(unrelated: many years ago, I happened upon some gaelic games near my college apartment. Hurling is a hell of a sport. Those guys are crazy).

now, thinking of my own mansplaining of album 1, clue 3, part 1, above....
I found that Sam Fender has a brother called Liam
his surname is also a guitar brand (clue 2, part 3, maybe).
he's a solo artist (clue 2, part 1)
he's from the Uk, which is geographically in Europe (clue 1)

and since I know nothing about Sam Fender, I'm randomly guessing his second album (of 2 published), titled Seventeen going under.

did I win?

While I have the spotlight again I’m going to big up my first pick from all the way back in December 2019.

It’s a cracking album so please check it out if you haven’t already!

While I have the spotlight again I’m going to big up my first pick from all the way back in December 2019.

It’s a cracking album so please check it out if you haven’t already!

It is very good, even if @Joe Mac picked it.

Alrighty, I may be too surface level at this juncture, but here's where I'm at...

ALBUM 1

Clue 1:
EU country (see @Lee Newman post for list, if needed)
Clue 2: Solo Singer Songwriter
Clue 3: 2023 and/or award winner and/or [Dublin/Limerick] Ireland (which fits the EU clue) (thanks @panino for elaboration on this one)

ALBUM 2

Clue 1:
Non-EU European country
Clue 2, part 1: Band
Clue 2, part 2: International (Audi is German and Bonhams is an International auction house with divisions in London, Paris, NY, SF, LA, Hong Kong and Sydney)
Clue 3: 2022 and/or award winner and/or [Glasgow] Scotland (which would fit the non-EU, but European clue)

...based on the above I was briefly looking at Young Fathers for album 2, but unless he's done some deep scrubbing of his internet footprint, @Joe Mac has never mentioned them on the forum, nor does he have anything of theirs in his collection. So that's a bust so far.

Back