Musical Scumbags - The Name Them and Shame Them Thread

his autobiography is really......interesting, shall we say.

I read a TON of jazz-related books and Mingus' biography is by far the worst I have read. It's almost nothing to do with jazz but is just full of stories that makes the guy come across as inhuman at every angle.

Definitely not what I expected when I'd excitedly acquired a copy some years back.

So, I've been reading a bit about Josh Homme lately, mostly because the pitchfork review for Nikki Lane's new album found him as a producer for a strong female voice as problematic, which seems to be the case. :(

I hate finding out that musicians fucking suck.

14.) Jimmy Page - Statutory Rape

You can put basically every male rock star of the early 70s on this list. They all banged the same baby groupies that Jimmy Page banged. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, David Bowie, Rod Stewart, Alice Cooper, you name em.

So, I've been reading a bit about Josh Homme lately, mostly because the pitchfork review for Nikki Lane's new album found him as a producer for a strong female voice as problematic, which seems to be the case. :(

I hate finding out that musicians fucking suck.
I think Josh is an asshole, but I think a lot of the things that have come out about him this year are just Body and he exchanging blows in a really really messy divorce. Could have missed something though.

I think Josh is an asshole, but I think a lot of the things that have come out about him this year are just Body and he exchanging blows in a really really messy divorce. Could have missed something though.
I think the worst is that he did admit to purposefully kicking that one woman at his show, but otherwise I think most I've heard of is just asshole stuff too. Not sure if there's anything else that I haven't read about, but he does sound like an entitled jerk in general.

Back