Music News / Reviews

FUUUUUCK yes

Also-- the opening track is called "fuck your acid trip"... which is wildly serendipitous because when I saw them in May of 2018-- my friend Miranda and I accidently took WAY too much acid and were melting into ourselves from the very front row. I lost my ability to speak for several hours that night and haven't touched acid since.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
And I haven’t heard anything in the singles that reflects this, but who knows.

I've really enjoyed the singles. Particularly Leave a Light On. Ice Cream Party probably isn't on the album but was also excellent.

And the singles have typically been my least favorite songs post-M&A due to them being the most formulaic. So the fact that The Sun Hasn't Left is so out there makes me think this thing is gonna be pretty off the wall.

I've really enjoyed the singles. Particularly Leave a Light On. Ice Cream Party probably isn't on the album but was also excellent.

And the singles have typically been my least favorite songs post-M&A due to them being the most formulaic. So the fact that The Sun Hasn't Left is so out there makes me think this thing is gonna be pretty off the wall.
I have a very bad track record for judging an album off its singles, or the singles themselves outside the context of the album, so big grain of salt. And I’m very prone to hedging my bets, MM-wise. I do truly hope it’s good; Moon and Antarctica truly changed how I view music and what it can be.

I have a very bad track record for judging an album off its singles, or the singles themselves outside the context of the album, so big grain of salt. And I’m very prone to hedging my bets, MM-wise. I do truly hope it’s good; Moon and Antarctica truly changed how I view music and what it can be.

I mean, I get it. Strangers to Ourselves was probably my most disappointing album of last decade (though I love like half of it) and We Were Dead took years to grow on me and is still not on the same level of their other work (though I think songs like Dashboard and Flordia have proven to have been ahead of their time and pre-cursors to a lot of the electro Indie that dominated the early 10's).

M&A and Lonesome Crowded meanwhile-- are both in my top 10 of all-time.

Worth noting NME Gave Strangers a 3 1/2 which is basically exactly what I would have given it.

Out of 5:

Long Drive: 4
Building Pieces: 4 1/2
Lonesome Crowded: 5
M&A: 5
Good News: 4 1/2
We Were Dead: 4
Strangers: 3 1/2

Back