Music News / Reviews

Never heard of Benson Boone (though he’s from the Seattle area) but he performed on the Today Show this morning and based on their description he is pretty popular in the charts and on TikTok (apparently Imagine Dragons are big fans). The song doesn’t do much for me but…

View attachment 199941
View attachment 199942
…If Gen Z is leaning into the “fancy pirate” look a’la Adam Ant, I am here for it. The goofier the better.
I meeeeaaaaan….they had a whole pirate sea-shanty go viral a couple years ago. I don’t trust TikTok to tell me what’s good anymore. HAHAHA

You know I like Taylor Swift, but in what way did she ever push music forward? I mean other than the obvious commercial ways? Which you know she has done just as well here.

She writes a fine song, is a decent storyteller, savvy marketer. Innovator of actual music? No even remotely.

And on the topic of Swift.

Darko says that Taylor is popular because she is safe. You wouldn’t mind your 9 year old listening to her. I absolutely would the last few albums.

I think this is a common misconception, I said something to my wife about listening to the edited version when the kid is in the car and she was like “Taylor Swift curses?” I was like “one song is basically the f-bomb nonstop.” She was like “huh.”

Edit: I also like that a lot of the complaints about the album is “there’s too many words.” lol.

Last edited:
You know I like Taylor Swift, but in what way did she ever push music forward? I mean other than the obvious commercial ways? Which you know she has done just as well here.

She writes a fine song, is a decent storyteller, savvy marketer. Innovator of actual music? No even remotely.

Darko says that Taylor is popular because she is safe. You wouldn’t mind your 9 year old listening to her. I absolutely would the last few albums.

I think this is a common misconception, I said something to my wife about listening to the edited version when the kid is in the car and she was like “Taylor Swift curses?” I was like “one song is basically the f-bomb nonstop.” She was like “huh.”

Edit: I also like that a lot of the complaints about the album is “there’s too many words.” lol.

How do you get through those videos with that other fella? They’re really really boring.

Screenshot_2024-04-23-08-19-22-27_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Back