Music News / Reviews

Jesus that's a gut punch.

His verse in "Poems" is one of the most heartbreaking things anyone's ever written about relationships

Yep , this feels a bit close to home , the Specials and 2 tone were one of the first musical movements that I recall as a kid ...coming from the midlands when these guys hit Top of the Pops it sparked a mini rush amongst my year group of 11-12 year olds to kit ourselves out in Doc Martins boots and Harrington jackets , along with a few skinhead haircuts ...I was too young really to appreciate the greatness of those records and took them a bit for granted (along with bands like The Jam) ...
Many years later the true brilliance of Ghost Town and A Town Called Malice when I brought them on cd hit home as to just how monumental these records were for no 1 hit songs ...

I am so glad I saw The Specials on the 2013 reunion tour , they were brilliant.

Terry Hall had that air of melancholy about him , and having read his obituary he had good reason too, that horrific episode he suffered as a young boy that he managed to overcome and make great art is a magnificent achievement..he will be missed and probably forever under appreciated

RIP

So here's some weird:
Also included are "Monkey Banana," a laid-back groove that showcases drummer Tony Allen's mastery of the Afro-beat, and "Everything Scatter," a standard mid-tempo romp. Both songs are forgetful in relation to "Zombie," but this is still an essential disc to own for the title track alone.

What are they talking about, there are no versions of Zombie with those songs on it...

Also, this was brought up because it was my record of the day through this site which was brought to my attention by @Thackeraye in response to a profile post to @AnthonyI:

So here's some weird:

What are they talking about, there are no versions of Zombie with those songs on it...

Also, this was brought up because it was my record of the day through this site which was brought to my attention by @Thackeraye in response to a profile post to @AnthonyI:

I've run into different versions of Fela albums/comps back then a few times where they combined several releases or even split them up.

I love reviews that don't match their ratings. for Garbage's debut with a 4 1/2 star out of 5 rating:
Garbage's self-titled debut has all the trappings of alternative rock -- off-kilter arrangements, occasional bursts of noise, a female singer with a thin, airy voice -- but it comes off as pop, thanks to the glossy production courtesy of drummer Butch Vig. Not only is the sound of the record slick and professional, but all the tracks are well-crafted pop songs. Unfortunately, only a handful of the songs are memorable, but those that are -- "Vow" and "Queer," in particular -- are small, trashy alternative pop gems.

I mean there is appropriation as appreciation with recognition and acknowledgement, which is one thing; there is appropriation without acknowledgement; and then there is whatever the hell that is...

I love reviews that don't match their ratings. for Garbage's debut with a 4 1/2 star out of 5 rating:

It feels like a "i don't think this album is as perfect as you all think so, so i'm going to tell you but I'm afraid to rate it lower than 4.5 because people will riot"

Back