Music Festivals

ADKq_NYD-hrQ_H3tQfWpseUytZ2MJtB9XW1lFF9tAzdn6uapAhWdpBWzXxxhRYl-INdEuvYB9zqv0UfgdwjTsxCOYhoUWMl-KnHvZ9ZpWY0zdf-WMAJKIus40d7FTX3e5Y5il5PU8U0J9LDVmmHdXncOLQgbwMaWhe0XfLY=s0-d-e1-ft
If anyone comes to Knoxvegas for this let me know and we'll hook up. I am going to volunteer for this event this year. Have never been and it's time.

Boston Calling feels like the culmination of a lot of booking trends I haven't liked of theirs over the past like five fests or so. It used to be a two day fest with really steady, deep lineups and perhaps not amazing headliners, but such good undercards that you could go at nearly any time and if you stayed four hours you could see 8 performers most of whom you might know and like. They moved to a new location that was larger and jacked up the prices (as did all fests) and began by improving headliner quality while, slightly, reducing undercard quality but also added a comedy and/or film tent to supplement. Post COVID, that went away so they could upcharge that area as a "sit down and drink" location, and they added a fourth local stage. Each year the undercard gets more and more unknown and they try to sell tickets and hit homeruns on the headliners. This year LiveNation took over and now we're here where once you get 4-5 artists deep, you're meeting a huge block of unknowns and local artists with a few gems in there.

It's a bummer - I definitely miss the old fest.
FUCK LIVENATION HARDER THAN CHAD.

Ok I’ve only been once and I wasn’t planning on going this year but I do love lineup day and imaging who’d I see if I went again. That being said…

1. Whoever did the actual design of this needs to fired. I saw it and thought it was a mock lineup because of how it looks

2. Idk the exact number but this just looks like way less artists then there should be

3. There are enough good artists here that I feel like I would have a good day every day but their aren’t really any huge gets and I feel like I would have very little time conflicts and I wouldn’t be kicking myself for missing out on a set.

We skipped last year for the first time since 2005 because of our daughter but we have a fully refundable hotel booked for this year.

Trying to decide whether we will actually go or not. I'm not super into the headliners but there are some decent acts... Blur, Lil Yachty, Kevin Abstract, The Beths, Jon Batiste, Faye Webster, Mandy Indiana

Back