Movies

Just came back from Dune 2.

8j4tv1.jpg

I signed up for AMC’s A List cause the first month is only 99 cents right now. You get to see three movies a week for one monthly price. Seems wild, but it’s true. So I saw Dune 2 again yesterday (still incredible). Tomorrow I’m going to check out Love Lies Bleeding. Probably won’t see a third this week.

But I just saw that A24 is doing an IMAX monthly series so I just ordered a ticket for Ex Machina - which I’ve never seen. Unfortunately the AMC IMAX screen is not as good as the actual IMAX screen, but it’s still pretty huge. Next month they’ll be doing Hereditary and then Uncut Gems. I’ll be there for both of those too. I love Hereditary and I shamefully still haven’t seen Uncut Gems.

Also I just watched All That Jazz for the first time and I can’t stop thinking about it. What a great film.

I signed up for AMC’s A List cause the first month is only 99 cents right now. You get to see three movies a week for one monthly price. Seems wild, but it’s true. So I saw Dune 2 again yesterday (still incredible). Tomorrow I’m going to check out Love Lies Bleeding. Probably won’t see a third this week.

But I just saw that A24 is doing an IMAX monthly series so I just ordered a ticket for Ex Machina - which I’ve never seen. Unfortunately the AMC IMAX screen is not as good as the actual IMAX screen, but it’s still pretty huge. Next month they’ll be doing Hereditary and then Uncut Gems. I’ll be there for both of those too. I love Hereditary and I shamefully still haven’t seen Uncut Gems.

Also I just watched All That Jazz for the first time and I can’t stop thinking about it. What a great film.
Somehow we have no AMCs here in the Sacramento area, otherwise I'd be doing this too. We have the Cinemark movie club which is fine but not nearly as good of a deal.

Damn you eating good my friend.

IMG_7608.jpeg

Rank (Movie):
Goldfinger
From Russia With Love
Dr. No
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Thunderball
You Only Live Twice
Diamonds Are Forever

Rank (Song):
Shirley Bassey - "Diamonds Are Forever"
Shirley Bassey - "Goldfinger"
The John Barry Orchestra - "James Bond Theme"
Nancy Sinatra - "You Only Live Twice"
Louis Armstrong - "We Have All The Time In The World"
Tom Jones - "Thunderball"
The John Berry Orchestra - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"
Matt Monro - "From Russia With Love"

I just watched The Crow trailer.
i have regrets.
Is there a supernatural element to the bad guys? I watched the trailer just now but only half-heartedly and it seemed that way?

TBF, it's been a while since I've read the graphic novel and even longer since watching the OG Brandon Lee movie.....but I don't remember that.

Ok I finally watched Oppenheimer for the first time. Probably not the popular opinion but I thought it was just OK but it felt too long for what it had to say.

Despite that I'd probably try to watch it again because i'm a Nolan fan and everyone else seems to like it.

*small disclaimer, i've never watched a movie that was over 3 hours that I thought was worth the runtime (except maybe the Godfather series).

Ok I finally watched Oppenheimer for the first time. Probably not the popular opinion but I thought it was just OK but it felt too long for what it had to say.

Despite that I'd probably try to watch it again because i'm a Nolan fan and everyone else seems to like it.
I like it, but it was like my 10th favorite movie last year.

I was actually warmer on it after a rewatch, it was well outside my top ten after I saw it theatrically.

I just watched The Crow trailer.
i have regrets.
I'm... effortfully reserving judgement.

In the related vids I saw a trailer for another Skarsgard movie on the way, Boy Kills World, and that one piqued my interest. Both trailers show way too much (with The Crow not really promising much new other than window dressing), but BKW has serious potential to hit one of my cinematic sweet spots of supremely over-the-top comedic action flicks a la Kung Fu Hustle. Hope they've left some fun to be discovered outside of the trailer.

Back