Movies

Feeling sick and achy today so I decided to watch Threads on Criterion Channel.

View attachment 192038
We are very different people when it comes to our idea “Comfort Movies”.

When I am sick I watch a Trilogy (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or Back To The Future) or Ghostbusters or a 90s Happy Madison movie or a John Hughes flick. Basically something I have seen a billion times and can travel in and out of consciousness without missing a beat.

When I am sick I watch a Trilogy (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or Back To The Future) or Ghostbusters or a 90s Happy Madison movie or a John Hughes flick. Basically something I have seen a billion times and can travel in and out of consciousness without missing a beat.
I go for Back to the Future, Lord of the Rings, or 80s/90s cheesy action flicks.

I did watch the Despecialized version of Star Wars yesterday if that helps

I did watch the Despecialized version of Star Wars yesterday if that helps
Nice. I tried to watch those awhile back for the first time in a looooong time and wow. I hadn’t realized how used to the newer versions I’ve become. I don’t necessarily miss the overt CGI additions but the special/updated versions just look better.

View attachment 192038
I like to watch District 9 when I'm sick. I think I take comfort in the body morph and thinking my situation could be worse

The fly actually works too... For some weird reason

Last edited:
I can't wait to finish this. I was about 30 minutes in when the wife said she thought it was boring and changed it 🙄
Oh man, I know that feeling. The worst is when there's a film I've been wanting to watch for ages that my wife wants to watch too, but has never been in the mood for it. Then out of nowhere, she decides she doesn't actually want to watch it after all 🤣

View attachment 192038
I recently picked up a book about Threads by a nuclear researcher. Haven't started it yet because I decided to read another of the publisher's books about The Wolf Man first, and so far that one's great! (I got their full set of ebooks.)

Back