Movies

Thank it!

Seriously, Blank Check has really reinvigorated my love for movies, just any and all movies. The discussion of credit arbitration on the Detective Pikachu episode was exactly my shit.

I adore the podcast, and I don't even agree with Griff and David half the time. The Billy Lynn episode really just blew me away.

I haven't listened to the last few, cuz I've been working at home a lot, which means more records and fewer podcasts. But I'll get caught up here at some point.

Might as well get in on the ground floor. Anyone ever see The Color of Pomegranates? A poorly-worded google search resulted in me now having a Criterion disc for a film I do not understand but love to look at.

EDIT: Then again I'm the sort of person who would watch The Holy Mountain.

csm_12.15.15__Screenings.Thecolorofpomegranates.I_am_Armenian_4252323ebc.jpg

I’m subscribed to Blank Check but have never listened to a single episode. should I just jump in?

with most movie podcasts, I only listen to episodes concerning things I’ve seen or things I’m interested in.

I’m subscribed to Blank Check but have never listened to a single episode. should I just jump in?

with most movie podcasts, I only listen to episodes concerning things I’ve seen or things I’m interested in.
I’d say pick a director you like and listen to the series about them. I jumped in with their Dreamworks-era Spielberg episodes and I was hooked.

I started randomly, but the podcast operates in miniseries following the filmographies of directors who had a big hit and were subsequently allowed to go crazy and make something big (hence "Blank Check"). Maybe root through the archives and find a director that interests you!

Or listen to one of the occasional standalone episodes. I recommend 'The Book of Henry,' which is a total delight. You should be able to gauge whether you're gonna like the show based off that episode alone.

edit: and no, you need not have seen The Book of Henry, because no one should ever see The Book of Henry.

Back