Movies

X is one of my favorite recent ones, I don't know if you've had the chance to see it yet or not but it's a great slasher homage!

Speaking of, @LeeVing has organized a 31 Days of Halloween movie thread the last few years, if they decide to run one again you should participate! Last year I got a headstart in September and I'm starting to get in the spooky mood once again...
Oh yeah, I loved that thread! Gonna be a horrorpalooza!!!

I've been re-watching some of my favorite horror movies of late because why the fuck not?

So far, I've watched:
Ichi the Killer
Blood on Satan's Claw
Event Horizon

I plan on running through Audition, The Devil's Rain, and Martyrs next. Anyone got some more recs they love? Anything from B slashers to Giallo :)
If you want something really chilling - "Hereditary". I thought it was fantastic but was not an easy watch & I only watched it once 👀
If you want something fun - something I feel is really underrated but is probably one of my favorites is "Drag Me To Hell". I've watched that one an absurd amount of times.

I just started this one
images

I just started this one
images
We just watched it. Found it pretty fun! Reckoning with an Eldritch god in a rest stop gloryhole? Inspired.

I've weirdly had a run of sexy/suggestive Lovecraftian films these past couple weeks, and this easily falls on the better side. Quite liked Harvest Lake (bonus points for being surprisingly super gay, but it's got something for everyone). Found The Special to be quite the snooze though.

I've been re-watching some of my favorite horror movies of late because why the fuck not?

So far, I've watched:
Ichi the Killer
Blood on Satan's Claw
Event Horizon

I plan on running through Audition, The Devil's Rain, and Martyrs next. Anyone got some more recs they love? Anything from B slashers to Giallo :)
Ever seen Stage Fright? Super fun 1987 Italian slasher. Would make a fun double bill with Gaspar Noe's Climax. (Locked in a theater mayhem.)

You certainly couldn't go wrong with Mario Bava's Bay of Blood.

Recently also got around to The Suspicious Death of a Minor, which did not disappoint.

I had a total blast watching The Fifth Cord earlier this year. Super silly.
(Spoiler free review below.)

So far, I've watched:
Ichi the Killer
Blood on Satan's Claw
Event Horizon

I'm not a big horror fan but one recent film I've rewatched a few times is The Babadook

Currently watching Abigail.

I'd never heard of this, so I watched the trailer. Was it over-dubbed? The dialogue sounds so stale and doesn't quite match up with the speakers. It looks like they're speaking in English, but the just re-dubbed the lines. Does it come off that way in the movie?

I'd never heard of this, so I watched the trailer. Was it over-dubbed? The dialogue sounds so stale and doesn't quite match up with the speakers. It looks like they're speaking in English, but the just re-dubbed the lines. Does it come off that way in the movie?

When watching it I got the impression that it was dubbed. Looking up the reviews that's the number one thing people called out.

Apparently it was filmed in Russian, and many critics would have preferred subtitles to the dub.

So far, I've watched:
Ichi the Killer
Blood on Satan's Claw
Event Horizon

Oh, have you also seen Curtains?Underrated slasher, imho.

And Peeping Tom is top-tier proto-slasher.

I also recently enjoyed American Mary. Fun body horror/revenge flick.

I’ve been watching the bond movies according to rotten tomatoes scores from worst to best. Roger Moore made some bad movies where he didn’t much fww like he wanted to be Bind anymore. We’re on our fourth one now (first one not featuring Moore - The World is not Enough, so far at least Brosnan appears to be having fun)

I’ve been watching the bond movies according to rotten tomatoes scores from worst to best. Roger Moore made some bad movies where he didn’t much fww like he wanted to be Bind anymore. We’re on our fourth one now (first one not featuring Moore - The World is not Enough, so far at least Brosnan appears to be having fun)
Weird that TWiNE has a worse RT rating than Die Another Day.

Weird that TWiNE has a worse RT rating than Die Another Day.
🤷‍♀️I thought it was weird that The Man with the Golden Gun which is just a bad movie was ranked higher than A View to a Kill.

Edit, hell Octopussy too. Sure AVTAK is slow but it has a plot. Octopussy just keeps throwing shit at the wall until it ends.

Back