Movies

I haven't seen the new one but if the others none are bad imo. They're all good bond movies.

Although I'm forever amused that no one ever got that Ian fleming's work was satire because he hated MI5 so, so much. (Viz: in the books, bond isn't super cool, he's such a dumb and shitty spy he literally goes around telling people his name, because he's too stupid to remember a cover)
So you're saying Archer is the more accurate representation?

Shang-Chi was cool. Great way of modernizing a hero who's actual original exists in racist and exploitative territory. The MCU-ization of this property is definitely a good thing. Acting was solid, and the martial arts was as great as you'd expect. I'm a sucker for great fight choreography.

But man, was the CGI over the top. I never really got the criticism that Black Panthers final battle was too CGI filled (other than those damned Rhino's), but this definitely garners that criticism. The final battle was one huge CGI-fest, actors in blue suits with blue props on a bluescreen set kind of shit. It actively makes me like the film less. You can tell it took a toll on the film's effects budget as well. There are several quick effect shots throughout the film, just one or two second shots, where the CGI is ABYSMALL. Felt like it turned into Men in Black for a couple seconds, but just on quick shots that were never held onto for long. I was reaching for answers as to why it was so bad until the final fight took place and answered my question for me. Granted it looked cool, it was just.....so...long.....

Excited to see him in upcoming films and projects.

This one on deck for later

4e7bf6d53e52d7a9b6ccdcfc6dbe03d9.jpg

Okay A24 is doing a screening room for Lamb next week. But before I make this decision, do we know if it’ll be available to stream/buy shortly after? Cause I had to stay up for the Green Knight and then it wound up being available like the next day

Dune will be streaming on HBO Max on Oct. 21 starting at 6 pm ET as part of a “special preview.” That’s a full day earlier than the film’s official release date of Oct. 22, and coincides with early previews of the film that will be showing in theaters across the country on Thursday night.

However, “Dune” is only available to stream on HBO Max with the ad-free plan, and will only be streaming for 31 days from its theatrical release. So by late November, the only way to see “Dune” will be in theaters.

I have tickets for Friday and will probably end up watching it again in Big IMAX, but…this is tempting.

Okay A24 is doing a screening room for Lamb next week. But before I make this decision, do we know if it’ll be available to stream/buy shortly after? Cause I had to stay up for the Green Knight and then it wound up being available like the next day

There's been no regular PVOD announcement for Lamb, but they did the same thing with Zola where it came out the day after the screening room thing too, so I'd say odds are pretty good.

By all means, it seems like an experience for the big screen; I'd say that should be the first time. Then take it in again over the weekend.

I'm shilling hard for this movie because I wanna see a part 2 (and more) and it'd suck for it to be an incomplete adaptation.
slow your roll, it's not the whole book? or you mean "i would like to see a movie of god-emperor of dune and children of dune and all that other stuff" ? don't tell me they just .... stop in the middle of the book

slow your roll, it's not the whole book? or you mean "i would like to see a movie of god-emperor of dune and children of dune and all that other stuff" ? don't tell me they just .... stop in the middle of the book
It’s the first half of the book. It’s all WB would bankroll and Villeneuve didn’t want to try to jam the entire thing into one movie, so he basically bet on himself that it would be successful enough that WB would greenlight a sequel.

I'll be watching this soon in my chronological movie journey. I'm on 1960, and have this after Psycho!
The first time I watched Psycho (or any Hitchcock movie for that matter) was in my Health class my sophomore year of high school. Not a great mental illness teaching tool but it got me really into Hitchcock. Along with Psycho, Vertigo and North By Northwest are my favorite though I don’t know if he ever made a film that wasn’t completely entertaining.

The first time I watched Psycho (or any Hitchcock movie for that matter) was in my Health class my sophomore year of high school. Not a great mental illness teaching too but it got me really into Hitchcock. Along with Psycho, Vertigo and North By Northwest are my favorite though I don’t know if he ever made a film that wasn’t completely entertaining.
I've watched a lot of Hitchcock recently, and yeah...there hasn't been a single dud. North by Northwest was my favorite followed by Rear Window and Vertigo.

The first time I watched Psycho (or any Hitchcock movie for that matter) was in my Health class my sophomore year of high school. Not a great mental illness teaching tool but it got me really into Hitchcock. Along with Psycho, Vertigo and North By Northwest are my favorite though I don’t know if he ever made a film that wasn’t completely entertaining.
I really enjoy The Man Who Knew Too Much, you can really get wrapped up in it. Rear Window as well. If it makes your feel better they still show plenty Hitch in film school.

Back