MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Got the table in today and all setup. First records played:

Art Blakey - A Night in Tunisia MMJ33
Dean Martin - Dream with Dean AP45
SRV - Couldnt Stand the Weather AP45

And all i can say is oh my, this table is a beast. Puts my AT120 to shame…
Congratulations! I find that a significant leap in the investment in a turntable often produces clearly audible benefits.

There are diminishing returns as costs skyrocket, but you are well within the sweet spot for hearing this improvement. I hope you get many hours of enjoyment from your new turntable!

Hi everyone,

New here, great to find this forum with a dedicated thread for the MoFi line. I have a Studiodeck that I’ve been enjoying tremendously (Studiotracker cart, considering the Ultratracker).

Looking for advice. Long story short I had to send the table to MoFi to fix an issue, and when I got it back it was all but aligned. I know a thing or two but am not an expert in doing this. One thing I can’t figure out is: after raising the tone arm housing slightly the tone arm is now level with a record - but the cue shelf needs to come down. It’s just that the whole cue part is as low as it can get from what I can tell. If I would raise the tone arm housing more to try to mitigate the problem, the tone arm wouldn’t be level with the record anymore. Right? Or have I been sitting with this for too long so I can't think straight?

Also, unfortunately, there is increased surface noise compared to when I sent it in, so something isn’t right. I have fixed everything I can think of but I must obviously have missed something. Whatever that might be I don’t know.

Any input welcome.

Once again, great to find this forum/thread.

After a few more days of spinning records and im absolutely loving the ultradeck/ultratracker combo. Really enjoying revisiting some older titles in the collection as well as some new arrivals.

And here is my complete setup for the list:

Turntable: UltraDeck
Cartridge: UltraTracker
Amp/Phono: Rogue Sphinx V3
Speakers: Wharfdale Lintons
Cables: Blue Jeans Cables

Hi everyone,

New here, great to find this forum with a dedicated thread for the MoFi line. I have a Studiodeck that I’ve been enjoying tremendously (Studiotracker cart, considering the Ultratracker).

Looking for advice. Long story short I had to send the table to MoFi to fix an issue, and when I got it back it was all but aligned. I know a thing or two but am not an expert in doing this. One thing I can’t figure out is: after raising the tone arm housing slightly the tone arm is now level with a record - but the cue shelf needs to come down. It’s just that the whole cue part is as low as it can get from what I can tell. If I would raise the tone arm housing more to try to mitigate the problem, the tone arm wouldn’t be level with the record anymore. Right? Or have I been sitting with this for too long so I can't think straight?

Also, unfortunately, there is increased surface noise compared to when I sent it in, so something isn’t right. I have fixed everything I can think of but I must obviously have missed something. Whatever that might be I don’t know.

Any input welcome.

I wish I could help you out here, but I no longer have my UltraDeck! @HayesWeighsIn or someone else might be able to advise.

Hi everyone,

Any input welcome.

Have you called Mofi support. Maybe they can help you troubleshoot.

I had to make some similar adjustments when I got my Ultradeck to get everything leveled out.

I did notice that the queue shelf can be moved up and down a bit. Once I got everything set and sounding good I haven’t touched it.

Hi everyone,

Any input welcome.

What you may need is a shim on your cartridge. I had the same issue with the height of the arm and getting it parallel. I got a shim made out of carbon, about 2,8mm tall. That gave me the space to do the necessary adjustments. I don't know where to get one in the States though since I live in Germany.

What you may need is a shim on your cartridge. I had the same issue with the height of the arm and getting it parallel. I got a shim made out of carbon, about 2,8mm tall. That gave me the space to do the necessary adjustments. I don't know where to get one in the States though since I live in Germany.
I think the place where you got your shim sells on eBay, should be easy enough to buy from them in the States.

New user....both of the forum and an Ultradeck.

This might be an odd question, but I ordered an Ultradeck with UltraTracker...but, visually, the cartridge on mine is the dark grey with white writing that I can only find evidence on the web is a MasterTracker. Does anyone know of a way without a microscope to ID what cartridge I"m listening to....?

Secondary related question: has anyone compared the AT 750ml (I think that's the version with the aluminum body?) to the MasterTracker?

I've had it a couple weeks. Very happy with how it tracks and sounds. BUT...I was assuming I was listening to a nude elliptical...which I'd replace with a (third party) microline when it wore out. If I'm indeed listening to their $800 Microline....I feel like I maybe need to put a third party on while I'm still in the return window and make sure my satisfaction with the deck upgrade isn't MOSTLY to do with the cartridge.

This might be an odd question, but I ordered an Ultradeck with UltraTracker...but, visually, the cartridge on mine is the dark grey with white writing that I can only find evidence on the web is a MasterTracker. Does anyone know of a way without a microscope to ID what cartridge I"m listening to....?

Secondary related question: has anyone compared the AT 750ml (I think that's the version with the aluminum body?) to the MasterTracker?

I've had it a couple weeks. Very happy with how it tracks and sounds. BUT...I was assuming I was listening to a nude elliptical...which I'd replace with a (third party) microline when it wore out. If I'm indeed listening to their $800 Microline....I feel like I maybe need to put a third party on while I'm still in the return window and make sure my satisfaction with the deck upgrade isn't MOSTLY to do with the cartridge.
Looks like you got the MasterTracker. Congrats. I can't answer your question about the AT 750ml.

I’m unclear - why exchange the cart if you like how it sounds on the table?

I wish i got the mastertracker instead of the ultratracker, thats a nice free upgrade

The MasterTracker was like my third favorite of three cartridges I ran on the UD, so I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

It’s also, as far as anyone can make out, a revoiced Audio Technica, so I’m guessing if you wanted to move that direction you would not have any issues.

I’m unclear - why exchange the cart if you like how it sounds on the table?

Because I need to see how much of the improvement I hear is the deck vs the cartridge.

The 750ML is an annual’ish $210 spend on a stylus. Not $800….and is by spec the closest AT comes to what they made for the MasterTracker.

When I first got it, I was confused how they got an elliptical to track some of the demanding records I use to align styli-stress tests….at some point, I saw reference to only the mastertracker having white lettering…and I thought “hey-mine has white lettering”…tracking mysteries solved.

Back