MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

I mean, my arm definitely doesn’t just pop out like that. I’d contact MoFi. They were very helpful when I had an issue with my initial UltraDeck.

What a pain . You mention that the part appears to be a plastic material . I had a MoFi turntable where the stop for the anti-skate had been broken off and the material was a cast aluminum type of material. This part can be seen in your picture in the upper right and is attached to the base which your broken part is also attached .

What a pain . You mention that the part appears to be a plastic material . I had a MoFi turntable where the stop for the anti-skate had been broken off and the material was a cast aluminum type of material. This part can be seen in your picture in the upper right and is attached to the base which your broken part is also attached .
Did you get it repaired? And if yes where at ?

My first deck from the local dealer was a studiodeck/studio tracker and was a demo . The anti skate string was too long and the weight would rest on the deck about 3/4 through the LP . For a month I went back and forth between the dealer and MoFi and they did admit a few anti -skate strings were too long . They sent out a replacement and guess what it was also too long . So at this point I took a close look and noticed the broken part and the dealer took it back and gave me a deal on a lightly used Ultratracker which i presently have . Got great service from my dealer , not so great from MoFi . I know other have had a good experience with MoFi , I am not one of them .

With this said I love the sound .

I forgot to mention when dealing with MoFi they very much prefer you contact the dealer who then reaches out to MoFi . If no dealer then you reach out to them directly using the contact form on the web site . I have attached a copy below . I also attached the details of the MoFi person I was dealing with if you want to reach out directly .

Good luck

Contact -

GREGORY FITZGERALD

Technical Service & Inside Sales Manager | MOFI DISTRIBUTION

[Office] +1.312.738.5984

[EMAIL]gregf@mofi.com

[Web] www.mofidistribution.com

Emailed but haven’t heard shit :(
You might be bumping up against holiday hours at MoFi, but I'd go ahead and give them a call.

I tried the email routine a while back to resolve an issue, (wanted to replace a scuffed headshell). After a couple of days, I got an email from someone that seemed to not completely understand what I was asking. So I decided to call them. I got passed around a couple of times, but eventually got a favorable response from someone and a new headshell was sent out the next day.

After using this forum to close on what my next “last deck ever” would be, Inthought I’d introduce myself. First, thanks for all the fabulous insights and observations. It made my choice far easier knowing a healthy community of owners exists.

Today I picked up an UltraDeck and an UltraGold MC cartridge. I’m waiting on a MoFi Geodisc to set up the new cart. Oh the agony of waiting.

It will feed into either a Puffin or a Parasound JC 3 jr depending on which room it ends up in.

My question for this group is about the UltraGold cart. Documentation online is…scarce. If anyone has one can you confirm that the factory set VTA for the UltraDeck shouldn’t need adjustment?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

I use a lifter made in Canada called the Trulift and its very well made and works and looks good. The owner provides great support .It comes in a number of different heights and models based on your TT

View attachment 149294
Which size did you get for your UltraDeck. I like the idea of giving my $ to a small company vs Audio Technica who won’t likely miss my tiny contribution to their bottom line.

Thanks!

After using this forum to close on what my next “last deck ever” would be, Inthought I’d introduce myself. First, thanks for all the fabulous insights and observations. It made my choice far easier knowing a healthy community of owners exists.

Today I picked up an UltraDeck and an UltraGold MC cartridge. I’m waiting on a MoFi Geodisc to set up the new cart. Oh the agony of waiting.

It will feed into either a Puffin or a Parasound JC 3 jr depending on which room it ends up in.

My question for this group is about the UltraGold cart. Documentation online is…scarce. If anyone has one can you confirm that the factory set VTA for the UltraDeck shouldn’t need adjustment?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
In the past I would assume the VTA is set for the MoFi carts, but with the Gold having a different body I would recommend checking it to be sure.

Gratz on the new rig :)

Last edited:
Which size did you get for your UltraDeck. I like the idea of giving my $ to a small company vs Audio Technica who won’t likely miss my tiny contribution to their bottom line.

Thanks!
I ended up using the number one , but the measurement was right on the boundary between the number one and two . I would strongly suggest that you do the measurements found on the web site and if any questions email Carlos as he is very helpful .

Regarding the product , I have been using it for around 6 months and its great . Well made and operates as described . You will have to tweak it once installed , but the owner is very helpful and even called me to help with the fine adjustments . Make sure your table is level . It helps keep the money in North America rather then in Europe or China .

Thanks!
I meant to attach a link to the truelift web site but did not so here it is . Lots of info and videos on measurements , ect .

Back