MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

This is where I’m at with mine too. Mine came with it and was open box so it was a good price but I wouldn’t hesitate to try a different cart. I’ll eventually have time to replace mine with the Soundsmith I got from @AnthonyI
Both my SoundSmith and my SAE give me immediate joy when I start listening. The MasterTracker felt very sterile by comparison. I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Funny that this has come up in this thread today, as I was close to asking for some opinions on options to replace the UltraTracker on my StudioDeck. I'm thinking I want to switch up from the MoFi cart this time as well. I loved the Grado(s) on my old U-Turn so considering going back to them.
Good time to plug that I have a Grado Opus3 with 75-150 hours on it for sale!
Speaking from experience, a Grado Opus3 on a StudioDeck is a very nice combo.

Not seeing anything new at MOFI site and only casual references online , does anyone have more details .
Stuff shows up in the catalog before the online store.

There’s pictures here somewhere.

Here’s a stuff is coming blurb:

Here’s one with specs:

"Another step closer to bringing the sound of the master tape into your home."

I mean... it's right there, they put it on a tee...

sigh...

Okay FINE.

The FIRST step is finding a company that actually presses their vinyl USING the master tape and buying the albums from them.

Alternate:

This should be the new more accurate name for their "One Steps"...

"Another Step".

Great crowd.

Be here all week.

Try the lasagne.

Last edited:
Stuff shows up in the catalog before the online store.

There’s pictures here somewhere.

Here’s a stuff is coming blurb:

Here’s one with specs:
Thanks , ran across the same stuff as I looked around , out of my price point as I am happy with the Ultradeck /Mastertracker . May change the cart. when the time comes . My 73 old ears are only heading in one direction ---Eh

"Another step closer to bringing the sound of the master tape into your home."

I mean... it's right there, they put it on a tee...

sigh...

Okay FINE.

The FIRST step is finding a company that actually presses their vinyl USING the master tape and buying the albums from them.

Alternate:

This should be the new more accurate name for their "One Steps"...

"Another Step".

Great crowd.

Be here all week.

Try the lasagne.
I am happy at this point to hear the difference between bad pressings and good ones . Have been purchasing more old used vinyl at this point and a lot of them can sound better then new ---or it just may be in my mind .

Left over chicken pot pie for dinner , maybe lasagne tomorrow .

I am happy at this point to hear the difference between bad pressings and good ones . Have been purchasing more old used vinyl at this point and a lot of them can sound better then new ---or it just may be in my mind .

Left over chicken pot pie for dinner , maybe lasagne tomorrow .
No no it's definitely not in your mind, those older pressings can be incredible.

Anyone else get their Music Direct catalog?
New Mofi turntable is in there.
$6K base, $7K with cart.
Catalog is a ton of fun this year. Lot of great turntable features out of the gate.

The Master Deck looks super cool - gimbal/uni hybrid design, interesting drive system. Alleviates really having to purchase any extras, which sure do add up in high end. That said, it's 5 grand.

One other interesting note - @Static Shock you had inquired a little while back - they are not advertising the StudioDeck, and it's listed in closeouts, so perhaps that's it - market's too congested around $1K and they're going for it in high end. Wouldn't be surprised to see the value on StudioDecks go up a little bit if they are indeed discontinued.

Catalog is a ton of fun this year. Lot of great turntable features out of the gate.

The Master Deck looks super cool - gimbal/uni hybrid design, interesting drive system. Alleviates really having to purchase any extras, which sure do add up in high end. That said, it's 5 grand.

One other interesting note - @Static Shock you had inquired a little while back - they are not advertising the StudioDeck, and it's listed in closeouts, so perhaps that's it - market's too congested around $1K and they're going for it in high end. Wouldn't be surprised to see the value on StudioDecks go up a little bit if they are indeed discontinued.
Just checked MOFI site again and they still appear to show the StudioDeck , however the retailer in Canada that I got my UltraDeck from shows it as discontinued . Not sure what this means as I cannot find anything specific from MOFI in this regard

Just checked MOFI site again and they still appear to show the StudioDeck , however the retailer in Canada that I got my UltraDeck from shows it as discontinued . Not sure what this means as I cannot find anything specific from MOFI in this regard
I would say that if a retailer says it is discontinued, it probably is. MoFi and Music Direct having them still is unsurprising. They would have the most stockpiled. Most discontinued are quiet. You advertise the new thing, not mention bargain prices on the old thing.

I would say that if a retailer says it is discontinued, it probably is. MoFi and Music Direct having them still is unsurprising. They would have the most stockpiled. Most discontinued are quiet. You advertise the new thing, not mention bargain prices on the old thing.
I know my dealer was not happy with MOFI and was not really pushing the line so they may have just discontinued the line . The MOFI only appear to have the foundation deck

Not seeing anything new at MOFI site and only casual references online , does anyone have more details .
I’ll take some pics tomorrow.

SD and UD were in the ‘24 catalog.

Back