MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

Learnings...
So, fitted the AudioTechnica AT6006R Tonearm lifter to my Studiodeck. Fiddly to place, but works like a charm.
Of course then realised that using a weight might interfere with the tonearm's runout (and lift). Obvious in hindsight!
Got a Super heavyweight and the tonearm lifts with about a 2mm gap. Phew! Was going to have to gently bend the lifter wand if there was interference.
Then discovered that if I put the weight on the spindle without stopping the turntable, it unscrews the spindle!
So now stopping (and starting) the TT is becoming part of the procedure.
Thank god the Studiodeck sounds great!

Learnings...
So, fitted the AudioTechnica AT6006R Tonearm lifter to my Studiodeck. Fiddly to place, but works like a charm.
Of course then realised that using a weight might interfere with the tonearm's runout (and lift). Obvious in hindsight!
Got a Super heavyweight and the tonearm lifts with about a 2mm gap. Phew! Was going to have to gently bend the lifter wand if there was interference.
Then discovered that if I put the weight on the spindle without stopping the turntable, it unscrews the spindle!
So now stopping (and starting) the TT is becoming part of the procedure.
Thank god the Studiodeck sounds great!
The lifter wand can rotate when you loosen the main screw, so you can fine-tune the lift point to your heart's content.

Why not adjust the feet?
1. It’s a pain for me to get my hands under while tilting the table up.

2. The paper seems more solid to me or less prone to vibration. In reality that’s probably splitting hairs. My table sits on a thick cutting board with isolating feet between it and the rack.

Mounting the Ortofon and figured I’d check this time if I’m doing it right lol

Looks like I have to adjust the VTA, which I haven’t done before.
It's easy, but make sure you're holding onto the tonearm base when you loosen the bolt, or it'll drop down fairly aggressively.

Mounting the Ortofon and figured I’d check this time if I’m doing it right lol

Looks like I have to adjust the VTA, which I haven’t done before.
Like Kvetcha noted be careful of the tonearm base drop . Back in post 2325 there is a discussion on the use of stock cards to support the base and adjustments

So after raising the VTA more and more before realizing I’d forgotten to lower the tone arm before checking to see if it was level I finally got it leveled. Also had to adjust the Azimuth a little bit, which was also a first.
But now I think everything is in order.
Once you get it up and running let us know how it sounds .

Once you get it up and running let us know how it sounds .
It’s been a little over a week and a few records but I’m really really liking this cart. I suck at words but to me it feels more open and detailed. Also seem more quiet when it comes to stuff like surface noise and such. It definitely lives up to the hype.

It’s been a little over a week and a few records but I’m really really liking this cart. I suck at words but to me it feels more open and detailed. Also seem more quiet when it comes to stuff like surface noise and such. It definitely lives up to the hype.

Who needs words when you have Simpsons gifs?

Who needs words when you have Simpsons gifs?
No Simpsons gif this time but this is basically me since i got the Ortofon...

i-said-hey-he-man.gif

Back