MoFi SourcePoint Speaker Thread

Really struggling with the bass on these speakers. There is just too much of it, and it’s too boomy.. the double rear ports and the small room aren’t ideal. They’re just not for me.

Switching back to the C7’s made me realize how great they are. My speaker hunt is over unless I somehow get a much bigger room.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Mofi 8 speakers. I’m always curious to hear different speakers, but the budget can only stretch so far. So it’s great to read about the impressions and there have.

You mentioned there being too much bass. A few questions:
  • How big is your room?
  • How far away from the wall are the speakers?
  • Have you tried plugging the ports?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Mofi 8 speakers. I’m always curious to hear different speakers, but the budget can only stretch so far. So it’s great to read about the impressions and there have.

You mentioned there being too much bass. A few questions:
  • How big is your room?
  • How far away from the wall are the speakers?
  • Have you tried plugging the ports?
Room is 11’x11’. I was able to move them anywhere from 12” to 30” from the walls. I didn’t try plugging the ports. MoFi supplied no plugs and made no mention of it in their literature. Wasn’t all that interested in wondering if sound was messed up by doing it tbh.

I think that when AJ meant the 8’s were for “smaller rooms”, he didn’t mean this small. I think in a room that was 10’x15’ or more they would be great. There was so much positive there….

Room is 11’x11’. I was able to move them anywhere from 12” to 30” from the walls. I didn’t try plugging the ports. MoFi supplied no plugs and made no mention of it in their literature. Wasn’t all that interested in wondering if sound was messed up by doing it tbh.

I think that when AJ meant the 8’s were for “smaller rooms”, he didn’t mean this small. I think in a room that was 10’x15’ or more they would be great. There was so much positive there…
A square room is the reason you are struggling with them. Look up nodes and acoustics. They amplify each other so the more dimensions you have the more the different frequencies balance the sound out. Soft furnishings, positions etc will help but not eliminate the problems.

A square room is the reason you are struggling with them. Look up nodes and acoustics. They amplify each other so the more dimensions you have the more the different frequencies balance the sound out. Soft furnishings, positions etc will help but not eliminate the problems.
Thanks I’m aware of the issues a square room causes, however, of all the speakers I’ve had in this room, they were the only pair I couldn’t tame. Forte III’s were much better even though they were much bigger. The C7’s have none of the bloat. Single front port better than dual rear ports in my space perhaps.

Thanks I’m aware of the issues a square room causes, however, of all the speakers I’ve had in this room, they were the only pair I couldn’t tame. Forte III’s were much better even though they were much bigger. The C7’s have none of the bloat. Single front port better than dual rear ports in my space..
Yes apologies, I wasn’t trying to teach you to suck eggs and all. Wish you luck in getting a solution you’re happy with.

Yes apologies, I wasn’t trying to teach you to suck eggs and all. Wish you luck in getting a solution you’re happy with.
lol, not at all. My room is def my limiting factor and in this case affected the SP8’s performance I’m sure.
I highly recommend people trying a pair in their spaces, assuming they are in a bigger space than mine.

Back