Mixtape Madness

If no one wants to go first, or even to consider this a pre-season kickoff that doesn't count and gets everyone in the spirit, you can check out my newest online radio show and tell me what you think:

Business Drunk Radio Vol. 43
I think Woob is first. I forget whom is second, apologies. I am third. And then after that, we were gonna go with randomly picking for each week after that? I am totally going to listen to your mix right now though!

Totally in for this. No prompts? Just whatever?
Just whatever. People can make up whatever theme they want for their playlist even if that theme is just These Are 15 Songs I Like. I do ask that the creator of the mix also give it a little write up on why these songs, or whatever.

Extra points awarded for creativity in theme or write up, but no one is keeping track of those points, so you do you.

I'll have my first mix up on Monday, we will let that breath for a little while (I'm thinking a week per mix but we can shorten or lengthen that depending on feel) and then @TheLoopDigga will post their mix and so on and so forth.

I'll keep track of who goes next and inform them a cycle in advance to get their mix ready. I also plan on linking all mixes to the first post.

I think Woob is first. I forget whom is second, apologies. I am third. And then after that, we were gonna go with randomly picking for each week after that? I am totally going to listen to your mix right now though!
This is the list I currently have of people that volunteered to do an early mix. It will go to random among the people who participate in the thread after this list is done

Me
Theloopdigga
Teeee
Kvetcha
Moderncyrus
Taevis

Also if anyone wants to just participate in the thread but doesnt want to make a mix just let me know and I'll keep you off the random list.

I love this idea, so count me in as well. What is the delivery method for these mixes? Spotify? We could create a dropbox file we all share?

I love this idea, so count me in as well. What is the delivery method for these mixes? Spotify? We could create a dropbox file we all share?
Mine is going to be a Spotify playlist
So is it cheating if I do a write-up to go with a personal playlist I'd built for myself previously? This is a thing I do sometimes.
I've never heard this playlist before so it's cool with me as long as it fits the 15 song cap. All of the playlists I create for myself are just massive song dumps, and I'm trying to avoid those here.

Mine is going to be a Spotify playlist

I've never heard this playlist before so it's cool with me as long as it fits the 15 song cap. All of the playlists I create for myself are just massive song dumps, and I'm trying to avoid those here.

I tend to make curated lists to fit a mood or whatever. The equivalent of an old mix-CD, with sequencing.

So my first mix is inspired by the day I had yesterday. A good friend of mine moved to New Orleans a few years ago for work. He came back recently and started a new tradition of having a annual New Orleans style crawfish boil (even got the crawfish shipped up from Nola) full with New Orleans staples playing on the sound system. It was a fairly standard family style back yard affair for most of the day, that slowly got weird as the families with kids left. Started off normal enough with a few friends smoking weed, but then an older hippy friend informed us all that he brought mushrooms for the after party. That's when the night gets hazy, but it ended with a back porch dance party.

This playlist tries to recreate the day by starting hot and slowly cooling down as the day goes on. I used some of the New Orleans artists played,(Meters, Rebirth, Preservation, Curren$y) newer artists that friends and I were hyping all day (King Gizz, Jamila Woods, Tierra Whack) and finally songs that represent the drugs kicking in( Do The Astral Plane, Wham City, Seeing Aliens) and the dance party that kicked off after (Peggy Gou - It Makes You Forget)
Hope you all enjoy

Last edited:
So my first mix is inspired by the day I had yesterday. A good friend of mine moved to New Orleans a few years ago for work. He came back recently and started a new tradition of having a annual New Orleans style crawfish boil (even got the crawfish shipped up from Nola) full with New Orleans staples playing on the sound system. It was a fairly standard family style back yard affair for most of the day, that slowly got weird as the families with kids left. Started off normal enough with a few friends smoking weed, but then an older hippy friend informed us all that he brought mushrooms for the after party. That's when the night gets hazy, but it ended with a back porch dance party.

This playlist tries to recreate the day by starting hot and slowly cooling down as the day goes on. I used some of the New Orleans artists played,(Meters, Rebirth, Preservation, Curren$y) newer artists that friends and I were hyping all day (King Gizz, Jamila Woods, Tierra Whack) and finally songs that represent the drugs kicking in( Do The Astral Plane, Wham City, Seeing Aliens) and the dance party that kicked off after (Peggy Gou - It Make You Forget)
Hope you all enjoy

Downloaded and ready to listen in my car tomorrow :)

This playlist tries to recreate the day by starting hot and slowly cooling down as the day goes on. I used some of the New Orleans artists played,(Meters, Rebirth, Preservation, Curren$y) newer artists that friends and I were hyping all day (King Gizz, Jamila Woods, Tierra Whack) and finally songs that represent the drugs kicking in( Do The Astral Plane, Wham City, Seeing Aliens) and the dance party that kicked off after (Peggy Gou - It Makes You Forget)
Hope you all enjoy

REALLY looking forward to this mix. Listening now.

Also, count me in whenever. I've had a theme ready to go since before the last mixtape group fizzled.

Back