Mixtape Madness

Since no one has posted here in a minute, I wanted to share with you all.
When I shared my mixtape last year, I mentioned that I had made a second one that was themed as something like "a night that takes many turns." It reveals deeper parts of me than I think my first one did, as well as many of my interests that I don't get to explore or share with many people.

Here is the track-listing:

1. "Nhemamusasa" - a field recording of shona mbira music. It's soul-searching music.
2. Holst's "Mars" from The Planets
3. Russell Gunn's "Heartache and Regrets" from Love Requiem
4. His Name Is Alive's "Are We Still Married?" from Always Stay Sweet
5. Fela Kuti's "Egbe Mi O" from Fela Kuti with Ginger Baker Live!
6. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's "Tum Agar Yunhi Nazren" from The Supreme Collection
7. Guru's "Sights In The City" from Jazzmatazz
8. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds "Do You Love Me?" from Let Love In
9. Lightning Bolt's "2 Towers" from Beautiful Rainbow
10. Penderecki's "Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima"
11. Red House Painters' "Helicopter" from Red House Painters II (The Bridge Album)

I hope anyone finding this, in the middle of all this craziness, hears something that resonates, challenges, or comforts them.
I love you all :)

There are a couple of other playlist threads floating around the forum, but I figured I would share a few recent playlists here. They've been coming together fast and furious in recent months after an extended period where I wasn't really making them at all. I guess it is the summertime heat that has me wanting to create new playlists. Also, strangely, I've been super nostalgic for early to mid 80s recordings and production, which is something that hasn't been the case in a long time.

Back