Metal!

I mean, in terms of the value of the albums themselves on the market...sure, its fine.

For me, I'm just a bit underwhelmed by the choices. Especially the album choices of such seminal bands as King Diamond and Amon Amarth. Couple that with some of the QC issues for Anthology in the past and its a hard no from me dawg.

Yeah, I get that. Like, that's not the King Diamond album I'd want to listen to, but as far as value for the buck, it's not very common, and all the mercyful fate/king diamond records go for 30-50 anyway.
I get it. I think the album curation could be better. Like it should be 8 of the best Metal Blade releases that truly define the label. I think for most, you’re just better off finding a copy of the metal blade book and going from there.

So on one hand it’s cool VMP is finally doing more metal. How long ago was Paranoid the AOTM? But an Anthology is out of reach price wise for a lot, not to mention the QC problems already mentioned. Overall I think the curation is good. I may pick up a few if repressed.

For giggles, which different albums would y’all pick from this slate of bands? Anything different from the actual label?

BAEST rules. Haven't given this a listen yet, but their last (Venenum) was a highlight of 2019.
I'm just now discovering them. I'm gonna add the 2019 release to the playlist and just go through them back to back for a while.

God I miss live shows....I bet they kill it live.

I'm just now discovering them. I'm gonna add the 2019 release to the playlist and just go through them back to back for a while.

God I miss live shows....I bet they kill it live.
They did a livestream performance for Isolation Fest last May and absolutely crushed it. Definite highlight of the dozen or so metal bands that performed at the “festival”.

Hope I can catch them live for real soon.

Back