Metal!

This finally hit my mailbox and I am super excited to spend some time with it this week (though I did cheat and listen to it on bandcamp when purchased).

The fact that I've already heard 4 of the albums on this list (and even own one of them!) tells me I've come a long way in my metal journey over the past couple years!
Hah, nice. Now I am curious which record you own. I always think that The Quietus does a nice job of hitting a lot of the more outside of the mainstream releases.

I always look at this list first:

Of course, there are some decent other ones out there like the Popmatters guy, Loudwire, Metal Injection, Metal Storm and Consequence.

The nice thing about the various lists is that they help me catch up on things I overlooked so that I can catch up via Tidal in December and January. Now that Gimme Metal stopped broadcasting, it's been difficult to keep up with new releases so I've asked that Santa bring me a Sub to Decibel. We will see if I am lucky. :D

Incidentally, this finally showed up today along with the Falls of Rauros reissue featuring Austin Lunn on drums. So great and so happy that he is getting some props:

Highly recommended for those interested in some of our Midwest foresty Black Metal. :p

Incidentally, this finally showed up today along with the Falls of Rauros reissue featuring Austin Lunn on drums. So great and so happy that he is getting some props:

Highly recommended for those interested in some of our Midwest foresty Black Metal. :p

I've got to give this one another go. His stuff is something I feel should be right up my alley, but I just haven't clicked with it as much as I'd expected or would like to. It's not at all that I haven't enjoyed it at all, I just feel like I should enjoy it so much more!

I've got to give this one another go. His stuff is something I feel should be right up my alley, but I just haven't clicked with it as much as I'd expected or would like to. It's not at all that I haven't enjoyed it at all, I just feel like I should enjoy it so much more!
Definitely understand the sentiment. There are certain artists/bands where you could just, for example, toss in the CD on the way to work and listen to a few cuts. On the other hand, there is music that demands your full attention and of course, requires the time to take the record in all at once that many people don't have. I certainly don't have 60 minutes to listen to Sigur Ros' third record but sometimes wish I could listen to it every day. This is music like this that often rewards patience and time. We all have records like this that we wish we listened to more frequently. I can rattle off a bunch and I am sure that all of us can too.

But yes, please give it some more time. I think that The Scars of Man on the Once Nameless Wilderness is a great gateway to Panopticon. I also love Isis' Panopticon. One may also say Peter Gabriel's song as well. I'm appearing here all week, thanks. Please tip your wait staff.

Following. It says we have 1 album in common but I can't find a shortcut to discover which album that is. Will have to browse your full collection later...
Blackbraid II
Excellent Black Metal album
Based on your collection I will highly recommend my AOTY 2022
which I just got in vinyl so it is near the top…I have two digital albums now
and the CD

Blackbraid II
and the CD

I love this album, but haven't picked it up on vinyl yet! I did get a copy of All Thoughts Fly a few months back though, which isn't as great as Montreux, but is still quite good.

Blackbraid II
and the CD

Blackbraid II was such a fantastic level-up! I still need to go back and revisit the first one with new years, but it landed in my "okay" list back when it came out. The second was a pretty instant connection. Very excited to get the email stating he's digging into writing the next one!

Back