Metal!

Well, this is just darn good!

http://gileadmedia.bandcamp.com/album/portent

a3620678273_16.jpg

You’re gonna love Leprosy.
Did someone say Leprosy?

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 12.35.42 PM.png

I already have this album so I totally don't need this. But I'm seriously considering it for the bust alone....

ETA - They've already sold 320 of these....

Did someone say Leprosy?

View attachment 10936

I already have this album so I totally don't need this. But I'm seriously considering it for the bust alone....

Too bad they aren't selling the bust separately....

Did someone say Leprosy?

View attachment 10936

Thanks for this. My CC is crying in the corner after this and MEDALLO. 😅

More new, well old, DEATH. Reissue of Live in LA. The rarest variant has sold out but there's a decent amount of the striped variant left...

There's also a $70 box set that includes Live in Eindhoven 2xLP and a bunch of other stuff like a slipmat and poster...

@Goatfish and @NoToneStraw et al

Death Metal List Progress report:

I have made it about a 1/3 of the way through the list and try to give each album about 2-3 listens and this is what i have so far.

• Death - Leprosy - Loved it! 9/10
  • Entombed - Left Hand Path - Music was great, more diverse than standard death, vocals were challenging 8/10
  • Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream - Awesome straight forward Death Metal. Definitely see that this would be a classic example 8.5/10
  • Pestilence - Spheres - Prog Time! More accessible Death/Prog than Athiest, I can see why purists wouldn’t like it…strings? keyboards?? I love how it is gets more and more prog as the album goes on, like it was trying to trick people but I really enjoyed it. 8/10
  • Morbid Angel - Alters of Madness - Bobby, dats the devil's music! 7.5/10
  • Cynic - Focus - Very prog, however it seems to be more prog than metal, did not care for the robot voice 6.5/10
  • Grave - Into the Grave - More straight forward Death Metal. Nice reset button after Cynic, Really starting to get used to the growling vocal style, almost...craving it. 8/10
I am loving the list overall and I appreciate the recommendations. It is becoming clear the different styles within the genre. The Death discography is a pretty great through line to show how the genre had progressed and its interesting to see how it was also kind of all going at the same time. Its bizarre to see all that over the course of 5-6 years. Oddly enough as much as I love Atheist and latter period Death I am finding myself more drawn to the more standard Death Metal offerings. We will see how it goes with the remainder of the list. Thanks again for all of the recommendations!

@Goatfish and @NoToneStraw et al

Death Metal List Progress report:

I have made it about a 1/3 of the way through the list and try to give each album about 2-3 listens and this is what i have so far.

• Death - Leprosy - Loved it! 9/10
  • Entombed - Left Hand Path - Music was great, more diverse than standard death, vocals were challenging 8/10
  • Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream - Awesome straight forward Death Metal. Definitely see that this would be a classic example 8.5/10
  • Pestilence - Spheres - Prog Time! More accessible Death/Prog than Athiest, I can see why purists wouldn’t like it…strings? keyboards?? I love how it is gets more and more prog as the album goes on, like it was trying to trick people but I really enjoyed it. 8/10
  • Morbid Angel - Alters of Madness - Bobby, dats the devil's music! 7.5/10
  • Cynic - Focus - Very prog, however it seems to be more prog than metal, did not care for the robot voice 6.5/10
  • Grave - Into the Grave - More straight forward Death Metal. Nice reset button after Cynic, Really starting to get used to the growling vocal style, almost...craving it. 8/10
I am loving the list overall and I appreciate the recommendations. It is becoming clear the different styles within the genre. The Death discography is a pretty great through line to show how the genre had progressed and its interesting to see how it was also kind of all going at the same time. Its bizarre to see all that over the course of 5-6 years. Oddly enough as much as I love Atheist and latter period Death I am finding myself more drawn to the more standard Death Metal offerings. We will see how it goes with the remainder of the list. Thanks again for all of the recommendations!

This is an awesome report! I'm excited that you are digging this old school roots stuff. The comment about Morbid Angel cracked me up. Wait til you get to Deicide :devilish:

Back