May 2020 Record Challenge Thread (PRIZE RAFFLE AT THE END!)

第十五天: stop it, your ruining my makeup

Of Montreal ~ white is relic / irrealis mood

IMG_20200515_180257.jpg

There were a couple I wanted to choose but this one took the cake, I love the psychedelic pop beats and I find myself laughing I'm every song it's such a wonderful album, out the album on and read the lyrics and you'll see what I mean. One of my favorites is

"I guess redemption is my ultimate turn-on
This reclamation has got me trying to prove
The needle never slides off of the groove
Got to win"

And

"You read Sappho beating her deep sea drum
You whispered "don't be vulgar" while I was making you cum"

Day 15: An album that makes you laugh

0AEA74C7-FBEA-4A1A-A5D9-AE3BF3E66978.jpeg

Eddie Harris "The Reason Why I'm Talking
S--t"

I mean I don't have many comedy albums and this one is an odd one! It's Eddie Harris doing stand up and every once and a while playing a song! I'm not spinning it because it's still sealed, I have no idea why I never opened it I should really get on that!

HA!!

I'm currently re-watching Fringe....and just finished this story line.

That joke always makes me laugh.

Not to turn this into the TV thread, but from the middle of season 2 through season 3 is one of the great quality runs of TV history. I like the whole series, but that period it was just firing on all cylinders.

Day 15 - Laughter

20200515_214221.jpg

Pharrell Williams - G I R L

This album is so fucking goofy and I cant for the life of me tell how much of it was intended. The first time I heard "Gush" I started to crack up and it still gets a smile out of me everytime I hear it

Last edited:
DAY 16 - PLAY A LONG ALBUM
The Beatles - The Beatles (The White Album)
A very strange album but I admire the audacity of it. Over 90 minutes of music and there's pretty much no attempt at even pretending to be a cohesive album, it's just an odd patchwork of songs and I think that's what I find so interesting about it.
20200515_213745.jpg

Day 15: Funny

Ludacris - Chicken-N-Beer

2E77612E-E6A1-492E-AE19-7251E70E882F.jpeg

Kind of a stretch with this one because I don’t listen to a lot of funny music, so I had a hard time choosing a record for today. Luda’s got some funny punchlines on this record though, not at the level of “Move Bitch”, but they’re enough to get a chuckle out of me.

I was impressed by @LeeVing 's post for day 13, in which he explained how Metallica' s self titled album helped getting through school life. It's so true how magically music can help us getting through difficult times. 🎶 So I've decided to play some Metallica for today, it's a long album and I haven't spun it in a while. Sounds amazing.

Metallica "Hardwired... To self-destruct"

IMG_20200516_080632.jpg

A very strange album but I admire the audacity of it. Over 90 minutes of music and there's pretty much no attempt at even pretending to be a cohesive album, it's just an odd patchwork of songs and I think that's what I find so interesting about it.
View attachment 47129

Thats my very favourite album of all time ❤. What I love about it is that it’s pretty much a pure burst of creativity. For me when it hits few bands have been that effortlessly brilliant, even some songs thst might be deemed “throwaway” or “insignificant” are inspired. That said, when it misses (Revolution #9 and obla fucking di - obla fucking da) it also misses quite hard too 😂

Last edited:
View attachment 47129

Damn it damn it damn it

Beat me to it2AC36F91-5764-42EB-A03D-6EA8F1B2578C.jpegADE555AD-F83A-4241-BF15-EFD030860738.jpeg73EA811E-ABB5-4BDB-91A4-0606F8E98431.jpeg

Back