May 2019 Vinyl Challenge Jr.

RenegadeMonster

Now Spinning
Admin
May is halfway over, but let's have a May Vinyl Challenge. Junior version of course since we don't have the full month.

Each day has a theme. Pick a record, explain why you picked it, spin it, take pictures and post it here.

You don't have to post everyday. Are you up for the challenge? Let's kick this off!

• May 18th: New Beginnings. Post an album that is associated with new beginnings.
  • May 19th: National Take Your Parents To The Playground Day. Post an album in your collection that your parents were big fans of.
  • May 20th: Twenty. Post an album where you can can tie in the number twenty. Was it the twentieth record in your collection? Was it by Matchbox Twenty? Does Twenty appear in the lyrics?
  • May 21st: Now legal. A record that was released 21 years ago. Spin it and have a drink.
  • May 22nd: Mary Month of May. A record you associate with the month of May. Explain why.
  • May 23rd: Interludes. A record that contains 2 or more interludes
  • May 24th: National Road Trip Day. Post a record with jams you listen to on road trips.
  • May 25th: First Unofficial Weekend of the Summer. Post a record with summer vibes.
  • May 26th: Beach Day. First vacation of the summer season. Post a record with beach vibes.
  • May 27th: Memorial Day. Post a record that has a song that honors fallen soldiers.
  • May 28th: Back To Work Grind. Post a record in which a song has lyrics about working.
  • May 29th: Best New Record of the Year To Date. Post the record you found to be the best new release of the year so far.
  • May 30th: Needles And Grooves. Post a record that makes you groove.
  • May 31st: National Smile Day. Post a record that makes you happy.

View attachment 882

AC/DC - Back In Black

May 18th, New Beginnings.

Rather than type up an explanation as to why I choose this record, I'm going to link to a story.

This record has to be one of the best albums for a band replacing its lead singer. Even the way it starts with the bells? YOU GET CHILLS. Its just amazing.

May 18th: New Beginnings. Post an album that is associated with new beginnings.

My favorite band is Tonight Alive. The day before my birthday in 2017, April 4, it was announced that they were signed to UNFD records in Australia and New Zealand; They signed to Hopeless Records as well. They dropped a new song that day as well. When they announced they were headed to Thailand to record their newest album I was beyond hyped. I was so excited for January 2018 that I wanted to skip Christmas of 2017. I was not disappointed. The new era of Tonight Alive under their new label was here and it was a bright one. This made my 2018 AOTY and it stayed as frontrunner the entire year. To say this record means a lot is an understatement. The band collaborated with Lynn Gunn of PVRIS and Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour. In 2018 I would end up seeing both Tonight Alive and Stone Sour live. I got to meet both and I had Corey Taylor sign my copy. I didn't want to risk ruining it at Warped Tour seeing Tonight Alive. Next time I see them I want to see a fully show and get VIP so they can sign it. Maybe in the meantime I can meet PVRIS and have Lynn sign it! The penguin is named Moochio and he is the unofficial mascot of my Record/Media room.IMG_3465.JPG

Last edited:
Reserving post for picture to post tomorrow.

Game Of Thrones is on, so I'll dig out the record tomorrow and post a pic, but Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon.

That album was fur sure my parents jam.

May 19th: National Take Your Parents To The Playground Day. Post an album in your collection that your parents were big fans of. Catchup!!
This record is very special. I had overtaken my parent's collection quite some time ago. I unfortunately lost my dad 11 years ago. This was one of my dad's favorite records and reminds me of him. I don't care that this pressing has clicks and pops. Every moment I spend with this record reminds me of him. He loved Billy Joel and Kenny Logins. I have both artists on vinyl, but this one pressing and this album is special to me.

IMG_3481.jpg

Day 20 ~ Twenty Something
Yeasayer ~ All Hour Cymbals

Searching through my collection I settled on Yeasayer because of the song 2080, the first two numbers are 2-0 which makes 20 so I stuck with it.

Sorry for the screenshot, got to find a better way to convert imgs to be smaller than 4mbs

Last edited:
May 20th: Twenty.

Ok up now is an album by a band I have seen many times live. They are 2nd most at 5 times. On Special Forces by .38 Special Side B contains the song Twentieth Century Fox. This is not the only good song on the album, but the song I wanted to feature for today's challenge!

IMG_3482.jpg

A bit late, but I'll get started now...

Day 18: ...in the beginning.

Genesis ‎– From Genesis To Revelation
London Records ‎– PS 643, 1969/1974

Cut at Sterling
Pressed at H.V. Waddell Co.

VOjgCt.jpg

hJAsBV.jpg

Back