Make a Vinyl Stack!

I couldn’t go that low, I was about 225 this year (plus about 75 cds) which is disgraceful so I need to slow down! I also know I need to set an achievable goal or else it’s pointless lol
Your post made me count my purchases for last year and, well, no comment! My goal for this year is what my loose aim for last year - keep my new purchases to 2 a week, max. I slipped last year by buying new copies of older records (I'm excluding second hand records as you never know when African stuff will pop up, and I'm pretty disciplined buying it). Then again, music is my one real luxury and I play a lot of records (2,000ish last year at home) so not yet ready to commit to buying nothing! This place has been good/not good in terms of music discovery for me...

Your post made me count my purchases for last year and, well, no comment! My goal for this year is what my loose aim for last year - keep my new purchases to 2 a week, max. I slipped last year by buying new copies of older records (I'm excluding second hand records as you never know when African stuff will pop up, and I'm pretty disciplined buying it). Then again, music is my one real luxury and I play a lot of records (2,000ish last year at home) so not yet ready to commit to buying nothing! This place has been good/not good in terms of music discovery for me...

I get that! I’ve always had a rule of 1/2 in store on a Friday. Last year though I went nuts with internet purchases and club and FOMO stuff. The aim for 2020 is to try and cut back a bit rather than stop altogether.

If you need more I just had these for you -

Songs:Ohia - Magnolia Electric Co.
Patti Smith - Horses
Savages - Silence Yourself
Asobi Seksu - Citrus
Radiohead - The Bends

Loved looking through those 'cogs, some great stuff!

Also a good set! I haven't listened to Silence Yourself in quite a while, and both Songs:Ohia and Patti Smith are in my 'bought and washed, but not yet listened' pile.

I will add these to the stack if I am able to get through the first set. Thank you!

Back