Make a Vinyl Stack!

I'll leave 5 more to someone else, but here's 5 Philly themed records:

The Roots - How I Got Over
King Britt/Sister Gertrude - Let's Make a Record
Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Gospel Train (not from Philly but died here. I just found out the cemetery she's buried in is 4 miles from my office)
Nat Turner Rebellion - Laugh To Keep From Crying
Strand of Oaks - Eraserland
Right on, thanks! Love me some Philly!

I already know I'm gonna spin Third by Portishead tonight but I'm open to someone picking three or four other records for me to spin. Part of me trying to adopt the @girlnevergoesout philosophy of "enjoying what I have" ^_^

I already know I'm gonna spin Third by Portishead tonight but I'm open to someone picking three or four other records for me to spin. Part of me trying to adopt the @girlnevergoesout philosophy of "enjoying what I have" ^_^

Let's see what I can do:

Iglooghost - Clear Tamei / Steel Mogu

Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Radiohead - Hail To The Thief

It's hard to rank radiohead but HTTT is probably my #1 by them, happy spinning tonight 😊
I'll add the Mewithoutyou you PIFed me to the stack as well ^_^ I've been meaning to check it out but haven't been able to find the time to spin as much lately. Gonna try to reconnect with my turntable more this coming year. Thanks again 💙

I'll add the Mewithoutyou you PIFed me to the stack as well ^_^ I've been meaning to check it out but haven't been able to find the time to spin as much lately. Gonna try to reconnect with my turntable more this coming year. Thanks again 💙
Let me know what you think of it! I'm also looking forward to this upcoming year, cutting out all the FOMO and looking at only getting very specific reissues. I'm setting a goal to keep my purchases under 15 this year.

Let me know what you think of it! I'm also looking forward to this upcoming year, cutting out all the FOMO and looking at only getting very specific reissues. I'm setting a goal to keep my purchases under 15 this year.

I think I can definitely acquire < 40 records in 2020. Definitely not 15, though!
Wish you well on that endeavor.

That moment when you bought almost as much in one year as I have in my entire Discogs collection 😅

Haha! True! The one thing that’s tougher on you earlier in life collecting is the cost of vinyl. I was able to build my CD collection much quicker in the early 00s, but on the positive you get vinyl to keep forever, I’ve replaced a lot of those!

What I will say in my defence is that I’m 36, have a nice amount of disposable income for the first time really and went a bit nuts! I know it’s not sustainable, I want to enjoy nice holidays and doing things with/for family and friends as well as just vinyl splurging going forward!

Also like 50 of those CDs were proper 90s/00s nostalgia in the bargain store for like €1.50 a pop so they don’t really count 😂

I couldn’t go that low, I was about 225 this year (plus about 75 cds) which is disgraceful so I need to slow down! I also know I need to set an achievable goal or else it’s pointless lol
100% agree on that, setting goals should be realistic, 15 is gonna be rough no doubt about it, it's gonna take a lot of impulse control.

How about a New Years stack?
Soul Journey - Gillian Welch
Get Lonely - Mountain Goats
Green - REM
Depression Cherry - Beach House
We Are the World
1999 - Prince

Happy New year!

Back