Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

How are you finding the Freya? Still liking it?

Quick question. How hot does it get on top? Could you conceivably stack a small DAC on the left side away from the tubes or does it get too hot?

Brain is whirring. May end up with this or the kara sooner than planned…
I still like it a lot - no changes from my initial impressions.

It gets super hot. The top panel to the left of the tubes would bake anything you put on top of it.

New addition to the Sol while I wait for the Achromat I ordered to arrive - a Music Hall Cruise Control. My profound thanks to @SnowmaNick for digging it out of his closet and sending it to me at a price that probably qualifies it as a gift.

View attachment 189305

Sometime next week I’ll probably mount the old Shure M75, and if all goes well, I’ll either move the SAE off the MoFi or install the Zephyr MIMC.
This picture is gorgeous. I'm envious of your photo skills!

Yes- it and the motor are mechanically identical (the Naia unit has a three belt pulley rather than the two belt one on the P10). Rega, with standard honesty/bluntness states they can't make a better one.

e9987688107ff902b74ee413adf74c324578435a_2_666x500.jpeg

It's backordered to the eyeballs because people have known about it since Feb. At the moment, they're just about keeping up with the UK and some of Europe. The US won't see any until 2024 I'm afraid.
Just read your AVforums review of the Naia, et al and it a stimulating read, Ed. Didn’t lead me to throw rocks at my P10 but maybe that would occur after hearing the new Naia at my friends Carl’s who is a Rega dealer and getting his mid-January. I’m too old to sell to a sperm bank but I might have to rob a 7-11 to make a Naia appear in my system. Your exhaustive review indicates that might just happen. Good job!

Last edited:
Yes- it and the motor are mechanically identical (the Naia unit has a three belt pulley rather than the two belt one on the P10). Rega, with standard honesty/bluntness states they can't make a better one.

e9987688107ff902b74ee413adf74c324578435a_2_666x500.jpeg

It's backordered to the eyeballs because people have known about it since Feb. At the moment, they're just about keeping up with the UK and some of Europe. The US won't see any until 2024 I'm afraid.
Great review Ed. My wallet hates you. I have a P8, partially influenced by your review. I’ve been toying with the idea of a P10/Aphetta 3, but now you put thoughts of a Naia in my head. Evil, evil man.

Great review Ed. My wallet hates you. I have a P8, partially influenced by your review. I’ve been toying with the idea of a P10/Aphetta 3, but now you put thoughts of a Naia in my head. Evil, evil man.
Could you “settle” for a P10 with Apheta 3 in the near future? 😉 Since we are practically neighbors shipping wouldn’t be necessary. Want to come over and have a listen?

I’d love to. Are you thinking of selling?
Getting together for some listening time would be fun. As for selling, it depends on how successful a 7-11 or bank robbery is. I’m sure a killer price could be had from Carl at Apex Audio on the Naia so it’s not out of the question. Just plunked down $$$$ yesterday for a replacement Benz Ruby Z as my old Z was getting long in the tooth. Thank god for the very generous trade in program Benz has. Will get it mounted this coming week. I installed the Apheta 3 as it is so simple to do with the three screw arrangement Rega uses. I won’t install the Z until my nerves have recovered from the holidays. That takes at least a couple of hours as opposed to the two minutes the Apheta takes. Lots of awkward neck craning and eyeball strain with steady hands is required for the Z. Might be the perfect time for a listen.

Getting together for some listening time would be fun. As for selling, it depends on how successful a 7-11 or bank robbery is. I’m sure a killer price could be had from Carl at Apex Audio on the Naia so it’s not out of the question. Just plunked down $$$$ yesterday for a replacement Benz Ruby Z as my old Z was getting long in the tooth. Thank god for the very generous trade in program Benz has. Will get it mounted this coming week. I installed the Apheta 3 as it is so simple to do with the three screw arrangement Rega uses. I won’t install the Z until my nerves have recovered from the holidays. That takes at least a couple of hours as opposed to the two minutes the Apheta takes. Lots of awkward neck craning and eyeball strain with steady hands is required for the Z. Might be the perfect time for a listen.
I’ll have to try to take you up on that. I’ve still got family in from out of state, and the kids are on winter break, so we’ll see if we find a time that works for both.

I’ll have to try to take you up on that. I’ve still got family in from out of state, and the kids are on winter break, so we’ll see if we find a time that works for both.
Yeah, holidays are slowing my roll so I’m not in a rush to mount the new cart. Let’s DM for further details. 😎

No new gear, but as we were putting away our holiday decorations I was able to convince my wife to rearrange some furniture.

Now when I’m listening I can easily move one chair out of the way, swivel the listening chair 90 degrees, and slide the nesting tables we use between the chairs to be next to the listening chair. Voila.

Here’s the view from behind the chair looking towards the system.

IMG_1512.jpeg

It’s not “perfect,” but it’s really good and a damn sight better than it was.

Last edited:
No new gear, but as we were putting away out holiday decorations I was able to convince my wife to rearrange some furniture.

Now when I’m listening I can easily move one chair out of the way, swivel the listening chair 90 degrees, and slide the nesting tables we use between the chairs to be next to the listening chair. Voila.

View attachment 192124

Fantastic!

No new gear, but as we were putting away our holiday decorations I was able to convince my wife to rearrange some furniture.

View attachment 192124

Love your setup. Super clean.

Back