Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

If floor speakers, or stands for the bookshelves, aren’t an option because of space or budget and the speakers have to go on the same surface as the table you can get little desk mount monitor stands or foam isolation pads to put the speakers on.

Amazon product ASIN B07H1D66GT

Looks like a solid option for those in that situation.

Having the speakers on the same surface as the turntable (and in such proximity) can produce acoustic feedback at higher volumes. Bass tones resonate back into the table.

It helps that the speakers have (rubber?) feet, but still.
Yeah I might build him some stands in the future or get some cheap plant stands.
The little Klipsch are fairly heavy and come with 4 rubber feet. I think they are R-40??
Really not much volume with the AVR; we'll see how much he pays attention to it going forward before I get too much more invested.

I don't hear much feedback so far. I think that Onkyo AVR is the bottleneck for a much better sound at this point.
I paired it with the iFi Zen phono to start..

The other end of the listening room in the dungeon. Recently picked up the three Arcam pieces and matching Arcam Alto speakers from a friend who bought the system new back in ‘03 and never used it. To say I got them for a song would be an understatement. Added the old Sony PS-X7 wifey and I bought in 1977 and with a Shure V15xMR it sounds pretty damn good! Firefall’s first album might have been the first album we listened to on it way back then.
IMG_2977.jpeg

Last edited:
Been busy of late. First up this arrived;
IMG20231123111634.jpg

Which meant, as it looks so similar, it was only fair and right to get this running as well;

IMG20231123111639.jpg

...and run them as a pair to work out why one costs more than twice as much as the other;
IMG20231123111647.jpg

To make this more entertaining, Rega also sent this;

IMG20231123111831.jpg

And the review has been interesting and enormous fun to write (it goes live on AVForums on Christmas Day; my gift to you... and me to me).

Having finished that. I've connected both Regas to the Cyrus phono stage and combined this;
IMG20231128203616.jpg

and this;

IMG20231128203713.jpg

with the Aura phono. The small part of me that does long term fiscal planning doesn’t regret this but he does both rue and lament it. It ought to be unreal given the numbers involved but it is unreal 🥴.

View attachment 188918

Which meant, as it looks so similar, it was only fair and right to get this running as well;

View attachment 188920

...and run them as a pair to work out why one costs more than twice as much as the other;
View attachment 188922

View attachment 188923

And the review has been interesting and enormous fun to write (it goes live on AVForums on Christmas Day; my gift to you... and me to me).

Having finished that. I've connected both Regas to the Cyrus phono stage and combined this;
View attachment 188924

and this;

View attachment 188925

with the Aura phono. The small part of me that does long term fiscal planning doesn’t regret this but he does both rue and lament it. It ought to be unreal given the numbers involved but it is unreal 🥴.
I don’t appreciate all these pictures of your vetere now that I am quitting my job. My wife sent me a mock budget earlier, it will only take me 4 years to save up for one if I don’t spend any of my allowance. lol

View attachment 188918

View attachment 188920

View attachment 188922

View attachment 188923

View attachment 188924

and this;

View attachment 188925

Sometimes I get real jealous of your job. Looking forward to the review!

Heard that delivery has been delayed until after the new year and few will be available for some time.

Sweet! Are the power supplies the same size?

Yes- it and the motor are mechanically identical (the Naia unit has a three belt pulley rather than the two belt one on the P10). Rega, with standard honesty/bluntness states they can't make a better one.

e9987688107ff902b74ee413adf74c324578435a_2_666x500.jpeg

Heard that delivery has been delayed until after the new year and few will be available for some time.

It's backordered to the eyeballs because people have known about it since Feb. At the moment, they're just about keeping up with the UK and some of Europe. The US won't see any until 2024 I'm afraid.

Yes- it and the motor are mechanically identical (the Naia unit has a three belt pulley rather than the two belt one on the P10). Rega, with standard honesty/bluntness states they can't make a better one.

e9987688107ff902b74ee413adf74c324578435a_2_666x500.jpeg

Looking forward to your NAIA review and it will be interesting to read your thoughts on how it and the P10 compare and differ sound wise.

It's backordered to the eyeballs because people have known about it since Feb. At the moment, they're just about keeping up with the UK and some of Europe. The US won't see any until 2024 I'm afraid.
Thanks Ed. I just read your review of the P10 and agree with your assessment of it.

New addition to the Sol while I wait for the Achromat I ordered to arrive - a Music Hall Cruise Control. My profound thanks to @SnowmaNick for digging it out of his closet and sending it to me at a price that probably qualifies it as a gift.

IMG_2531.jpeg

Sometime next week I’ll probably mount the old Shure M75, and if all goes well, I’ll either move the SAE off the MoFi or install the Zephyr MIMC.

New addition to the Sol while I wait for the Achromat I ordered to arrive - a Music Hall Cruise Control. My profound thanks to @SnowmaNick for digging it out of his closet and sending it to me at a price that probably qualifies it as a gift.

View attachment 189305

Sometime next week I’ll probably mount the old Shure M75, and if all goes well, I’ll either move the SAE off the MoFi or install the Zephyr MIMC.
Digging the placement!

Thanks! I rearranged things to put the 20/20 directly beneath it and minimize interference from the power conditioner. If I end up keeping the Sol I’ll re-do the wall arrangement to better fill the space. I no longer have to leave room for the dust cover to flip up!
Is it either the Sol or UD for that setup?

Back