Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

New cart day. Finally picked up the Hana ML on "sale". Initial setup last night and played a couple of records. Initial impression was it had a nice fast attack and get why these have been so popular. Looking forward to getting it broken in.

I am curious for those who own, what did you find best for loading? I set to 100Ω and it seem pretty good. I'll probably play around and see what sounds best to my ears.

View attachment 185720
I ran mine at 100 ohms on the Insight.

New cart day. Finally picked up the Hana ML on "sale". Initial setup last night and played a couple of records. Initial impression was it had a nice fast attack and get why these have been so popular. Looking forward to getting it broken in.

I am curious for those who own, what did you find best for loading? I set to 100Ω and it seem pretty good. I'll probably play around and see what sounds best to my ears.

View attachment 185720
I ran my SL at 800Ω and it was fantastic gave it a little more "air", I'd give it a try. Gratz on the cart, while I never got to the ML, the SL is still one of my all time favorites.

I ran my SL at 800Ω and it was fantastic gave it a little more "air", I'd give it a try. Gratz on the cart, while I never got to the ML, the SL is still one of my all time favorites.
The ML has lower impedance than the SL. Its impedance is 8Ω and it is recommended to load it with an impedance of greater than 100Ω. I tried 100Ω and 200Ω. On the Insight, I ran my SL at 1000Ω with great results.

A friend's current hifi.

Magico S7 speakers + Constellation Audio Hercules II reference stereo amp.

ucxNtz0.jpg

Dyo5wFN.jpg

A4amUDr.jpg

mQSJP5G.jpg

VPI Classic Direct Drive Signature turntable with Ortofon MC Century moving coil cartridge, Conrad Johnson tube preamp and phono stage, Lumin streamer, PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC and Memory Player.

WqfFOLB.jpg

DnRH0g3.jpg

lfx6Jb3.jpg

QThxPeR.jpg

A small portion of his records + SACDs.

Lyqd1NG.jpg

pfgzWlH.jpg

y26NHxS.jpg

Jv90fxZ.jpg

A friend's current hifi.

ucxNtz0.jpg

Dyo5wFN.jpg

A4amUDr.jpg

mQSJP5G.jpg

VPI Classic Direct Drive Signature turntable with Ortofon MC Century moving coil cartridge, Conrad Johnson tube preamp and phono stage, Lumin streamer, PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC and Memory Player.

WqfFOLB.jpg

DnRH0g3.jpg

lfx6Jb3.jpg

QThxPeR.jpg

Lyqd1NG.jpg

pfgzWlH.jpg

y26NHxS.jpg

Jv90fxZ.jpg
Dear sweet lord

A friend's current hifi.

ucxNtz0.jpg

Dyo5wFN.jpg

A4amUDr.jpg

mQSJP5G.jpg

WqfFOLB.jpg

DnRH0g3.jpg

lfx6Jb3.jpg

QThxPeR.jpg

Lyqd1NG.jpg

pfgzWlH.jpg

y26NHxS.jpg

Jv90fxZ.jpg
Looks awesome! How did it sound?

I think it would take Hercules to lift that amp!

One thing I don't understand about some high end manufacturers is why they don't put handles on all their huge monoblocks. McIntosh does it. Krell did it. It makes moving it around much easier. Pictures don't really show how big that Constellation Audio Hercules amp is. It's like a mini fridge. For context on the size, that's a fireplace above it. It cannot be moved without a dolly or something with wheels. You're simply not carrying it anywhere...lol

Awesome! Looks great! I always used the Line Straight function. Give it a try!
I’ve been switching though the different functions and had to get the book out to figure out how to get the speakers to stop when I plugged in my headphones. I’ve been playing it for an hour now and didn’t notice until I got a text to turn the music off lol.

Finally got my son setup with the Project I won from Qobuz. Sounds pretty good right out of the box. The anti-skate is an interesting design.
I also won a Rhino copy of Coltrane's Sound but it is not getting handed down 😬

Starting out with some cheap vinyl.
View attachment 185868View attachment 185869
You're gonna wanna acoustically isolate those speakers!

Having the speakers on the same surface as the turntable (and in such proximity) can produce acoustic feedback at higher volumes. Bass tones resonate back into the table.

It helps that the speakers have (rubber?) feet, but still.

A few years back I had put a new cart on my Pioneer and during playback, it kept skipping, especially towards the end of a record. I couldn’t understand why and I kept checking the alignment and tracking force. Turns out it was the vibrations coming from my then bookshelf speakers. However I didn’t have those issues with the previous cart but I eventually went with floor speakers.

A few years back I had put a new cart on my Pioneer and during playback, it kept skipping, especially towards the end of a record. I couldn’t understand why and I kept checking the alignment and tracking force. Turns out it was the vibrations coming from my then bookshelf speakers. However I didn’t have those issues with the previous cart but I eventually went with floor speakers.

If floor speakers, or stands for the bookshelves, aren’t an option because of space or budget and the speakers have to go on the same surface as the table you can get little desk mount monitor stands or foam isolation pads to put the speakers on.

Amazon product ASIN B07H1D66GT

Back