Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

View attachment 13850
My main setup is in my Theater room, where I have a small office space in the back. Just updated everything but my Pro-Ject Carbon. Running a pair of Tannoy Revolution XT 8F with a Peachtree nova300. I had a Primaluna integrated in mind, but had to rework the budget, and the Peachtree allows me to save on a DAC and Phono preamp....for now.

I love the new power and dynamics upgrade that this amp/speaker combo gives me. Still breaking in everything, including new cables/interconnects, but I’m having trouble getting to bed at a decent hour because I’m enveloped in great sound. About to upgrade my cart to a Grado Gold and planning to keep my Tidal trial going indefinitely. I may revisit the Primaluna in a couple of years, experiment with Phono stage and upgrade furniture, but for now I’m very happy with my results and love the ease of use with just a couple components.
I love the look of those speakers. I still need to get my ears on some Tannoys. The design makes me curious.

I love the look of those speakers. I still need to get my ears on some Tannoys. The design makes me curious.
I narrowed down to Tannoy and Dali, then found a damaged box deal on these that sealed the deal. I love the way they deliver vocals, and I find them pretty balanced lows/mids/highs. I’ve read a few people say the low end is too heavy...I will say, I’ve done away with my Klipsch sub, and still have plenty of bass punch!

View attachment 13850
My main setup is in my Theater room, where I have a small office space in the back. Just updated everything but my Pro-Ject Carbon. Running a pair of Tannoy Revolution XT 8F with a Peachtree nova300. I had a Primaluna integrated in mind, but had to rework the budget, and the Peachtree allows me to save on a DAC and Phono preamp....for now.

I love the new power and dynamics upgrade that this amp/speaker combo gives me. Still breaking in everything, including new cables/interconnects, but I’m having trouble getting to bed at a decent hour because I’m enveloped in great sound. About to upgrade my cart to a Grado Gold and planning to keep my Tidal trial going indefinitely. I may revisit the Primaluna in a couple of years, experiment with Phono stage and upgrade furniture, but for now I’m very happy with my results and love the ease of use with just a couple components.

I have that little vox amp as well, it's really fun!

Just finished setting up and organizing after a move and some upgrades. Still dialing everything in a bit but loving the sound so far.

Cart: Grado Gold 2 with 8mz stylus
TT: Orbit U-turn with acryllic platter
Phono Pre: Schiit Mani
Amp: Kenwood KR-3130
Speakers: ELAC Debut B6.2
Sub: JL Audio Dominion 8
Interconnect cables: Bluejean LC-1
Speaker wire: Amazon Basics
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 6XX
Headphone amp: Schiit Magni 3
Isolation: Auralex Iso-tone, MOPAD XL, Sub-Dude II

2019-08-15 22.19.00.jpg

Edit: added headphones and headphone amp

Last edited:
Just finished setting up and organizing after a move and some upgrades. Still dialing everything in a bit but loving the sound so far.

Cart: Grado Gold 2 (thanks @HiFi Guy!)
TT: Orbit U-turn
Phono Pre: Schiit Mani
Amp: Kenwood KR-3130
Speakers: ELAC Debut B6.2
Sub: JL Audio Dominion 8
Interconnect cables: Bluejean LC-1
Speaker wire: Amazon Basics
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 6XX
Headphone amp: Schiit Magni 3 (thanks @displayname!)
Isolation: Auralex Iso-tone, MOPAD XL, Sub-Dude II

View attachment 14424

Edit: added headphones and headphone amp
So I’m an idiot...what’s an interconnect cable?

Finally made a decision! It took so long to pick new speakers but I love these.

I went from aging KEF iQ10 which sounded great but wanted a "bigger sound". Please excuse the mismatched speaker stands. I painted one to see if I would like it
View attachment 16470
Very nice!! Love the sliding barn doors on your furniture :)

Last edited:
Finally made a decision! It took so long to pick new speakers but I love these.

I went from aging KEF iQ10 which sounded great but wanted a "bigger sound". Please excuse the mismatched speaker stands. I painted one to see if I would like it
View attachment 16470

That's a lovely setup, the white stands look great!

87D18648-10BC-4B41-B649-6E6758F6F5AE.jpeg

Usually keep the lights down low but this is the view from the sweet spot. There is a couple smaller surround speakers and additional wall panels for early reflections not shown. Don’t use the sub stashed back in the corner. Trying to round up a couple 1x4 IKEA units for each side.

New setup. Bigger shelves with spare room for MORE records... Got rid of the TV for now, which makes for a much nicer impression I think. Oh, and now there's room for that Rega Elex R amp I'm possibly upgrading to. The speakers get a bit more room around them, sounds nice so far. And the wife is happy.

View attachment 5573

Slight changes to my setup.

Replaced the Rega Brio-R with its older sibling Elex-R.

Put an Ikea Aptitlig chopping board on some small rubber feet and put the TT on top, replacing Sorbothane feet. Much nicer presentation than straight onto the Sorbothanes.

IMG_20191013_160021.jpg

Back