Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Not sure if there's a fresh grab thread in this sub forum but a few have been asking:

I'm really pleased with the look. They aren't hooked up, and I'm definitely going to wait until I have the new amp first to run them in. Hopefully I can decide on that in the next few days.

Anyway they're so beautiful and what you see on the left is what they're replacing!

IMG_20201229_204832.jpg

What’s the turntable in that lovely wooden plinth? Certainly doesn’t look like the Debut Carbon in your signature. (Looks a bit like my Dual, without the badge.)

it is a debut Carbon but I had a wooden isolation box made for it!

I couldn't find the appropriate forum for this but..

Just listed my house! This may the best (and last) photo of my man cave before I move!

View attachment 81832
Oh my freaking goodness! This is absolutely amazing! This is such a vibe but looks so cozy and comforting at the same time! 😍

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new home and seeing all your records and turntable equipment housed in the living room! 🤗👀😁

Here are some of my main WMD: Top view, Brooklyn DAC (you can see the yellow Lush digital cable behind) and the Rega P25 - at least what's left of it, with the Iron Audio acrylic platter and Herbie's mat on top, Riggle VTA on the arm, and the Expresimo Audio Heavy Weight on the end of the arm. It sits on a Black Diamond Carbon fiber shelf, and you can also see a Furutech brush there.
In front of the Mytek is a beauty Japanese dragon incense holder which also works nicely as a roach dish.

20201223_144912.jpg

Here's a closer look. Rightnow, there is a Jico SAS catridge and SAS stylus installed. Boring looking, but awesome sounding - and durable.

20201223_144943.jpg

And here is the upgraded GrooveTracer subplatter and Michael Lim pulley & red belt.
20170112_230147.jpg

My sweetheart Leben integrated, right now inside are 1950's GE EL84's and 50's RCA 12AX7.To the rear left is the BOTW power supply for the Mytek Brooklyn.
20201223_144956.jpg

The heart and soul - the original Shunyata power conditioner. A monster. All my power cables are older Shunyatas, power snakes. To the left you can see a small section of vinyl shelving, mahogany to match the equipment rack, which are the old Per Madsen design built for me by an awesome cabinetmaker.
20201223_145014.jpg
And finally, my babies - Audeze closed planars, with a long run of Q cabling. 20201223_145039.jpg

Last edited:
And following on from that, just because I'm bored today and in the mood...vintage vinyl, about 60% Japanese pressings.
20210118_144003.jpg

And...newer pressings, at least some, more are upstairs.
20210118_143936.jpg

One of the glorious open baffle Auris 2 speakers, with the PHY-HP driver. I actually use two of them. To the right is one of a few overload vinyl storage units, and further right are a few box sets.
20210118_112604.jpg

I am a bit OCD and on the autism spectrum for sure. I keep quite a few spares around - from left, two JICO urushi SAS styli and the regular SAS- MM1 cartidge, a couple of Garrott cartridges, a bunch of Jico SAS replacement styli, and to the right some nice vintage NOS Nagaoka JT-555 with Shibata styli and carbon black cantilevers, as well as the same cartidge branded Tonar 555.
20210118_112227.jpg

A closer look at the urushi lacquer Jico SAS styli.
20210118_112325.jpg

Always wanting to be prepared for the coming zombie apocalypse, I keep a decent stock of NOS tubes to ensure the continuity of my Leben amp.
20210118_111852.jpg

Here are some of my main WMD: Top view, Brooklyn DAC (you can see the yellow Lush digital cable behind) and the Rega P25 - at least what's left of it, with the Iron Audio acrylic platter and Herbie's mat on top, Riggle VTA on the arm, and the Expresimo Audio Heavy Weight on the end of the arm. It sits on a Black Diamond Carbon fiber shelf, and you can also see a Furutech brush there.
In front of the Mytek is a beauty Japanese dragon incense holder which also works nicely as a roach dish.

View attachment 84257

Here's a closer look. Rightnow, there is a Jico SAS catridge and SAS stylus installed. Boring looking, but awesome sounding - and durable.

View attachment 84258

And here is the upgraded GrooveTracer subplatter and Michael Lim pulley & red belt.
View attachment 84259

My sweetheart Leben integrated, right now inside are 1950's GE EL84's and 50's RCA 12AX7.To the rear left is the BOTW power supply for the Mytek Brooklyn.
View attachment 84260

The heart and soul - the original Shunyata power conditioner. A monster. All my power cables are older Shunyatas, power snakes. To the left you can see a small section of vinyl shelving, mahogany to match the equipment rack, which are the old Per Madsen design built for me by an awesome cabinetmaker.
View attachment 84261
And finally, my babies - Audeze closed planars, with a long run of Q cabling. View attachment 84264

And following on from that, just because I'm bored today and in the mood...vintage vinyl, about 60% Japanese pressings.
View attachment 84349

View attachment 84350

One of the glorious open baffle Auris 2 speakers, with the PHY-HP driver. I actually use two of them. To the right is one of a few overload vinyl storage units, and further right are a few box sets.
View attachment 84352

I am a bit OCD and on the autism spectrum for sure. I keep quite a few spares around - from left, two JICO urushi SAS styli and the regular SAS- MM1 cartidge, a couple of Garrott cartridges, a bunch of Jico SAS replacement styli, and to the right some nice vintage NOS Nagaoka JT-555 with Shibata styli and carbon black cantilevers, as well as the same cartidge branded Tonar 555.
View attachment 84354

View attachment 84353

Always wanting to be prepared for the coming zombie apocalypse, I keep a decent stock of NOS tubes to ensure the continuity of my Leben amp.
View attachment 84355
SWEET MOTHER OF GOD

Wow, just... wow.

Last edited:
View attachment 84349

View attachment 84350

View attachment 84352

View attachment 84354

View attachment 84353

View attachment 84355
Incredibly jealous! Since I'm always curious about record storage....where did ya get those wooden shelves in the first pic (where your japanese records are kept) and also the metal crate for overspill records?

That Leben looks beautiful. Gotta do some research on one of those...

I got the wodden shelving from a guy in Arizona, who builds them in his garage. Not furtniture grade, but for basement storage, they work out great. www.6x6designbuild.com is the site.

The metal crates for overflow are made here in Toronto. www.cofodesign.com/shop are the good folks.

Finally...for now...just so no one thinks I am some luddite who neglects his on-the-go tunes needs...the original Sony NW-ZX2 with a 1TB SD card installed, because you never know what you're gonna need to listen to...
20210118_152308.jpg

You can also see the still awesome Ocharaku Kaede Flat-4 Type II IEM's there. Gotta keep moving!

Last edited:
I got the wodden shelving from a guy in Arizona, who builds them in his garage. Not furtniture grade, but for basement storage, they work out great. 6x6designbuild.com is the site.

The metal crates for overflow are made here in Toronto. www.cofodesign.com/shop are the good folks.

Finally...for now..just so no one thinks I am some luddite who neglects his on-the-good tunes needs...the original Sony NW-ZX2 with a 1TB SD card installed, because you never know what you're gonna need to listen to...
View attachment 84358

You can also see the still awesome Ocharaku Kaede Flat-4 Type II IEM's there. Gotta keep moving!

Do you sell tickets to this palace of wonder?

Last edited:
Back