Let's appreciate the Hammond Organ!

One of my favorite Hammond records (and cover albums). Booker T, The MG's, and Beatles songs to boot ! 😊o_O Grab the non RSD Craft version while it's out there in a few places yet ( I have a origional pressing and the craft). The digital version/streaming is also very good and includes bonus tracks.

1656940501230.png

This has been one of my favourite finds of the year. I can't even remember now how I stumbled upon it a few weeks after its release but I loved it right out the gate. Got my copy on vinyl earlier this week and thanks to his notes on the back came to appreciate it even more - a lifelong fan of the organ, Kresten is a drummer by trade and this is his first release as an organist! He's learned directly from and played drums with, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Billy Preston and Sam Yahel along the way.

Full release should be available on any DSP.

Thought I would share a musician that some of you might not be aware of, the British organist/keyboardist Don Shinn. Shinn only released 2 albums under his own name as lead, both in 1969 and both for Columbia Lansdowne. Fortunately, these were both reissued in 2020 by Sunbeam records.

Don Shinn - Departures

Back