Klipsch Speakers Thread

And I do have the Fiona! My first album is Abandoned Luncheonette by Hall and Oates. It’s not disappointing. Small speaker placement movements are making noticeable changes, so I’ll be fiddling for a bit.

And I do have the Fiona! My first album is Abandoned Luncheonette by Hall and Oates. It’s not disappointing. Small speaker placement movements are making noticeable changes, so I’ll be fiddling for a bit.

Excellent!

The Fiona's just got some real room-filling bass, as well as a delicious vocal mix. It's a fun listen. That and Rumours are often my go-tos when I'm testing adjustments.

I just noticed that your gear signature looks so clean and simple now! Two power cords, one set of interconnects... it sounds so simple and clean! I'm honestly a little jealous, haha.

Anybody here own a pair of The Sixes? I’m a powered speaker person, and that’s a pair that’s always intrigued me that I haven’t had a chance to hear yet.

I just noticed that your gear signature looks so clean and simple now! Two power cords, one set of interconnects... it sounds so simple and clean! I'm honestly a little jealous, haha.

Ha! Thanks! It’s pretty straightforward at this point. I’m really thrilled with where I have ended up.

Ha! Thanks! It’s pretty straightforward at this point. I’m really thrilled with where I have ended up.
I'll just say with one set of interconnects, I would be looking at really maxing out a full loom on the cables if the Forte's live up to the hype.

Anybody here own a pair of The Sixes? I’m a powered speaker person, and that’s a pair that’s always intrigued me that I haven’t had a chance to hear yet.

I haven’t heard them as of yet, but I’m sure someone here has... Stay tuned!

Quick check in. Had family in town up until today, so I’ve only been able to sneak a few listens. Getting my first real chance to listen today.

If the Heresy’s were fun (and they sure were) then the Fortes are FUN. Ton of break in ahead. Currently have them 13.5” from front wall and 16”from side walls toed in just shy of straight at me. I’m getting more comfortable with the distance from front wall and think that I will end up within an inch of where they now sit. Still working on toe in possibilities.

All I will say at this point as to the sound is that with the Heresy’s, because of their short stature, I felt like I was listening to a show from a close balcony. Because the Fortes are so much taller, I feel like I’m standing about 3 rows deep, front and center. Because of that, the soundstage is WAY taller with the Fortes.

You can tell the Heresy’s and the Fortes are from the same family. But everything about the Fortes are an improvement. It’s like a Heresy, but all grown up.

That’s all I got for now. I’ll check in again soon.

Big fan of the metal binding posts, big step up from the Heresy. The passive woofer is awesome looking too! 868FB0AF-8325-474D-A796-EF819594DA68.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick check in. Had family in town up until today, so I’ve only been able to sneak a few listens. Getting my first real chance to listen today.

If the Heresy’s were fun (and they sure were) then the Fortes are FUN. Ton of break in ahead. Currently have them 13.5” from front wall and 16”from side walls toed in just shy of straight at me. I’m getting more comfortable with the distance from front wall and think that I will end up within an inch of where they now sit. Still working on toe in possibilities.

All I will say at this point as to the sound is that with the Heresy’s, because of their short stature, I felt like I was listening to a show from a close balcony. Because the Fortes are so much taller, I feel like I’m standing about 3 rows deep, front and center. Because of that, the soundstage is WAY taller with the Fortes.

You can tell the Heresy’s and the Fortes are from the same family. But everything about the Fortes are an improvement. It’s like a Heresy, but all grown up.

That’s all I got for now. I’ll check in again soon.

Big fan of the metal binding posts, big step up from the Heresy. The passive woofer is awesome looking too! View attachment 10311
I'm so jealous! I can't imagine how much fun the change must be.

Thanks! I’m having a great time just shuffling around Tidal today, listening to all my favorites.

I’ve got about 20 hours on them so far. What a blast they are! Still fiddling with positions, but the more extreme toe in works best in my space. I have the Fortes in the corners, 16” from the front wall measuring at the back side middle. Because of extreme toe in, closest speaker edge is 11.5” and the furthest is 21”. The tweeters are 6 ft apart, my sitting position is 7’6” back, a foot from rear wall (heavy treatment directly behind).image.jpg
This pic is a pretty good representation. I can see a sliver of the outside of each speaker. In my room, this toe in gives me the best sweet spot, best top to bottom soundstage, and best bass response. It does sacrifice a really wide soundstage, but that’s more a function of my space.

Back to the music!

I originally posted this in the speaker recommendation thread, but got no traction. So, approaching, let's see if y'all have any insight:

I am thinking forward to my next speaker upgrade and have my eyes on either Klipsch Cornwall iii's or Forte iii's - I am also peripherally interested in JBL L100 Classics so if anyone wants to talk those up, I'm listening. I've had Klipsch before but the more entry level Reference Premier floorstanders. Either way, I like the so-called "Klipsch sound".

I am wondering if anyone has thoughts on the sound between the two. The price difference isn't so great so that's not a factor. As well, I know the specs (sensitivity, frequency response, footprint, etc.); so what I am really asking about are the differences that cannot be summed up in the black-and-white of specs on a sheet. I plan on live-testing any speaker I buy - either here in Vegas or going to CA - but for now I'd like to begin getting others' impressions and what to listen for.

Currently, I am using a pair of MartinLogan Motion 40s with an SVS SB-2000 subwoofer (12"). My room is rather large - ~15' ceilings and it's an open desert-style build so it flows openly into the other first floor rooms. Currently carpeted but I will be replacing with hard wood in the next year or so.

Specific questions I have, if you have an answer/opinion:

- Will either or both of these speakers make my SVS sub obsolete? On paper, even the 2 Forte's have a 12" sub each and then 15's on the Cornwall's. Would another external sub be overkill? Or is there an upside of having another sub that I can dial in? I don't mind getting rid of the sub if it becomes redundant/unnecessary.

- What about positioning from the wall? I've heard that the Forte's operate really well close to the wall (one reviewer on Crutchfield said 6") and I'm not sure if the same is true for the Cornwall's (a contributor on a Klipsch forum commented they need some more breathing room - although the name Cornwall[Corner/Wall] and the front port would imply I can push them right against the wall). I currently keep the MartinLogan's only about a foot from the wall, toed-in. While the room is large and the wife and I made a drug deal that I get to use it as a music room (she got the downstairs bedroom as an art room/office) as I please, I have 3 dogs (2 who are large) and they run around like hell hounds wrestling, humping, drooling, and generally giving exactly zero fucks about my stereo equipment. So, I try to keep speakers out of the center of the room (aka their arena). Any inputs on that end would be appreciated.

- I mentioned the front port on the Cornwall. Any opinions on those? The Forte's have that 15" passive radiator in the back, and all my other experience has been with rear ports. What could one expect from the front?

Also, I play my music anywhere from a whisper to blaring. I predominantly play vinyl but I still have a couple hundred CDs I rock through a transport and sometimes will Bluetooth in. As well, I listen to most everything - pop, metal, jazz, hip-hop, Prince (yes, that's a genre), etc.

Like I said, I'm gonna live fire these, but a demo room only gives me so many options as far as moving them around.

Cheers!

I have never heard Cornwalls, though I've always wanted to. I gather a number of folks prefer them to the Fortes, though I haven't read anything particularly illuminating as to why. (edit: I read up a bit more and it seems like if you've got the room, the Cornwalls are less picky about placement than the Fortes and even more efficient)

Regarding the sub, I actually use an SVS with my Forte IIs, though that is in part because the speakers are also wired up as part of a 5.1 system. The Fortes themselves extend pretty readily down to ~32hz, so they'll have enough bottom end for most music, but if you want that extra 10-12hz of bass extension for, say, electronic music, a good subwoofer won't hurt at all.

Both the Cornwalls and the Fortes will get loud as heck, so filling the room shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
I never had a need to test the Cornwall’s because they are just way too big for my space. But I’d love to hear them!!

Yep, same. I'd absolutely love to hear them, but I ain't got the room.

I've spent a good amount of time with Forte IIs, La Scalas, and Klipschorns, so I can kind of imagine where they fit in.

I would love to get some cheap used Cornwalls and fix them up. Never see any at all around here though. Anyone ever heard the Cornscalas? That would be fun to build but still not cheap.

I would love to get some cheap used Cornwalls and fix them up. Never see any at all around here though. Anyone ever heard the Cornscalas? That would be fun to build but still not cheap.

Cornscalas and Jubilees seem like they would be a really fun project. Wish I had room for a workshop!

About 50 hrs on the Fortes. Still breaking in. Settled on the position mentioned previously. Haven’t moved them since.

This mid-horn is amazing. A much different, and to me preferred, sound compared to the HIII’s they replaced.

At least another 50 hrs before I do a write up of sorts.

Back