Klipsch Speakers Thread

Mine aren’t labeled but the manual says one tap is 3-6 ohms and the other tap is 7-16 ohms so I’m guessing that’s fine then...

You can use 16 ohm speakers off of the 8 ohm taps, but depending on the amp and the gain in the rest of the system, there may or may not be enough gain to reach full amplifier output. Of course, this is less of an issue due to the higher power that you and I have. You should still have plenty of power for high volume listening.

This will/may be more of an issue with a lower powered amp like what @displayname owns.

You can use 16 ohm speakers off of the 8 ohm taps, but depending on the amp and the gain in the rest of the system, there may or may not be enough gain to reach full amplifier output. Of course, this is less of an issue due to the higher power that you and I have. You should still have plenty of power for high volume listening.

This will/may be more of an issue with a lower powered amp like what @displayname owns.

Thanks! That’s fair enough! I’d just been kinda half meaning to ask you that for a while, I like the look and sound of those Soul Supremes! That said I’m still waiting until next summer earliest for speakers so still playing around with ideas at this stage.

Pulled the trigger on the Fortes today. As a nod to the wife, I stuck with Walnut. She hated the Ebony SE and the Distressed Oak. Oh well.

Unfortunately Crutchfield is all out of Walnut and has no ETA on more of them. So I went with Music Direct. They knocked off 10% too so that was good!!

I’m happy. Being shipped freight today. Wonder how long it will take them to get here?

Pulled the trigger on the Fortes today. As a nod to the wife, I stuck with Walnut. She hated the Ebony SE and the Distressed Oak. Oh well.

Unfortunately Crutchfield is all out of Walnut and has no ETA on more of them. So I went with Music Direct. They knocked off 10% too so that was good!!

I’m happy. Being shipped freight today. Wonder how long it will take them to get here?
Very exciting! I’d still love to hear these. Eventually I’ll have a chance to get my ears on some.

My F2s are walnut! Send pictures when you get them. Which grille cloth?

All set up! Here I go! Starting at 11inches from back and 16 from side walls. Going to listen for a few weeks before making many comments. Want to be sure I give them time. I’ll say this, they are beautiful!! The new mid horn is huge! image.jpg01EB3CE6-B556-41DB-AF81-F6B18483DBE9.jpeg

Stay tuned. I’ll be back with random thoughts in a couple days!

All set up! Here I go! Starting at 11inches from back and 16 from side walls. Going to listen for a few weeks before making many comments. Want to be sure I give them time. I’ll say this, they are beautiful!! The new mid horn is huge! View attachment 9734View attachment 9732

Stay tuned. I’ll be back with random thoughts in a couple days!

Oh man, those are pretty!

They also respond well to aggressive toe-in, especially if your listening position is fairly close. With a little adjustment you should be able to get a holographic 'center channel'.

They are gonna pressurize that room, lemme tell you.

(friendly recommendation, if you've got the VMP Fiona...give that a spin.)

I had read that a lot of people like them firing straight ahead so I started there, but if the Heresy’s were any indication I’ll have them toed in quite a bit when all is said and done.

I had read that a lot of people like them firing straight ahead so I started there, but if the Heresy’s were any indication I’ll have them toed in quite a bit when all is said and done.

I think in the right size/shape of room, at the right listening distance, you can get away with firing straight on, but I've always ended up toeing at least a little to bring the image into focus. PWK actually positioned them in corners at a full 45 degrees.

Back