Kanye

I keep seeing people bashing the lyrics and keep thinking "who goes to a Kanye project for the lyrics?!?!?" Even at his best he was a mediocre lyricist. If I want lyrics I go to lyricist, I go to Kanye for the music and the new album succeeds there

I keep seeing people bashing the lyrics and keep thinking "who goes to a Kanye project for the lyrics?!?!?" Even at his best he was a mediocre lyricist. If I want lyrics I go to lyricist, I go to Kanye for the music and the new album succeeds there
Perfectly stated, Kanye has never been a great lyricist.

The "he's always been a bad lyricist" defense does not hold up.

Screenshot_20191025-133930.png

Wow what? He doesnt say anything special in that verse that isnt in a bunch of other raps, and that South Park line is one of the worst lines on a perfect album. It's a single flow and he even gets out rapped on that track. It's not bad by any stretch and better than his lyrics now, but it's still nothing special.

Last edited:
Wow what? He doesnt say anything special in that verse that isnt in a bunch of other raps. It's not bad by any stretch and better than his lyrics now, but it's still nothing special
I mean, just strong disagree.

It's all a matter of personal opinion, of course, but defending the lyrics on this thing by arguing he's never been that good doesn't cut it for me. The bars on JiK left me feeling legit sad and second-hand embarassed.

Back