Kacey

Im happy for her and she deserves the success but Im still in the queue for MSG after 15 minutes with still 2k+ people in front of me. And this is after logging on 45 minutes before sale.
My days of seeing Kacey may be done, glad I got to see her before she blew up.

Prices were fair but beyond what I wanted to do for Boston + January + TD Garden, starting at $55 or so (fees included) and then going up to around $100 for anything outside of the balcony I could find.

Here's the video (maybe?) trying to embed a story for the first time haha

Listening to it this morning, don’t have any concrete opinions just yet, but it’s definitely hitting the spot.

I ordered the vinyl from my local, and sometimes they don’t get them in until the day of, so I’m not expecting a copy today. Hopefully tomorrow…

Also the film is streaming on Paramount+ today right? I actually have a trial for the service right now, so it all works out.

First listen...dang she goes in huh? I really appreciate the focus. If I had one minor criticism about Kacey, an artist I really like, is that I felt a lot of her work was...well, spacey (haha). Lots of different tones and themes, maybe except for SDTP. This is one conceit she really explores deeply and it's mostly successful. I do think the end kind of languishes a little bit, but it's still really solid. Definitely have to go through this one a first time.

My boxset came this morning. Really cute, but pretty simple. Box could have been half the thickness it is because there’s so much padding in it.

The album is really solid. The first half is great but it does start to lose steam at the midpoint. The visuals are stunning, no question. Favorite tracks for me are Breadwinner, Good Wife, Justified and Hookup Scene. Wish the title track was fully fleshed out and not just an intro, because it’s SO GOOD.

70 is red, 09 is blue, 47 is yellow if you happen to be at your local with the mysteries and they aren’t marked. Last digits of the barcodes. 💜

Really disliked this album to be honest. I think the production was the highlight and I personally found the song writing and choruses to be so awkward and corny even. There was no song writing element/moment that made me fill up with joy and the ear worm feeling. There were plenty of those moments with production/instrumentation though :/

I just did my first album run through. My least favorite, for now, but I’m not mad at the change of direction. It is lacking some of the charm from her older albums, but I think that might be the point here. Some of the songs just don’t feel like Kacey - yet. I personally just enjoy more upbeat feel good songs vs sadder ballads.

Either way, an album I’m interested in listening to several times!

Back