[June] Master RSD 2021 Wantlist / Help Thread

There IS one more thing that I'm looking for and it was my number one want from last year, but it kept getting moved.

The DIRTY THREE - OCEAN SONGS box set

I ordered it from Fat Beats in October and they never shipped it. I hit them up in April, once I saw it announced for yesterday's drop, and this is what they wrote back

"Wolfgang from Fatbeats here.

Myself and the current Fatbeats team were brought on about a month ago, and until the RSD list came out last week, had no idea that the title had been re-scheduled. We never received word from our distributor about such a decision. Thus, our plan at this juncture is to order this title in surplus, so that we can fulfill the approximately 16-20 orders that were already processed and so we can have some to offer on RSD. If anything changes, we will let you know.

-Wolfgang
"

I'm not feeling very confident about this and now I can't find it anywhere else. If anyone comes across this thing, please let me know. It was originally on the list before they had to split RSD into 3 days, so I've been trying to buy it for a year now.

Thanks

They still had a copy at my local around 2 o'clock today. I actually meant to include it on my list because I'd remembered seeing a post about it. My apologies for the brain fart there. It was $59.99 CAD if I recall correctly and I suspect shipping would be pretty stiff. A shame the border isn't open to simply find someone taking the ferry from Victoria to mule it to you!

I dunno that I can swing covering anything this steep as I'm pretty strapped, but if you wanna give them a call tomorrow, their number is 250) 386-5874 and they open at 10 am Pacific tomorrow.

I don't know that they would want to handle the actual shipping of it, but I'd be happy to pick it up and take care of that part if you just tell them Shayne will come to pick it up - they're actually pretty used to me picking up things that have been ordered over the phone by someone else due to a friend of ours that moved away still making orders that way.

Someone please post a link if you see the Warren Zevon (Preludes) in stock anywhere. Thanks!

I don't recall what the price was on the Zevon, but as per my post to @Dead C above, my local had at least 2 left a couple of hours before they closed today. If you wanna give them a call in the morning and see what's what, I'd be happy to pick it up and handle the sipping end of things to get it your way too.

@Dead C Rough estimate on shipping for the Dirty Three to Washington looks like $25-30 CAD

@Russ I Rough estimate on shipping Zevon to Utah looks like $20-25 CAD

My measurement and weigh guesses could be a little off, but that gives a realistic ballpark.

There are 3 shipping options within those ranges, or a couple of other options available that get significantly more expensive.

They still had a copy at my local around 2 o'clock today. I actually meant to include it on my list because I'd remembered seeing a post about it. My apologies for the brain fart there. It was $59.99 CAD if I recall correctly and I suspect shipping would be pretty stiff. A shame the border isn't open to simply find someone taking the ferry from Victoria to mule it to you!

I dunno that I can swing covering anything this steep as I'm pretty strapped, but if you wanna give them a call tomorrow, their number is 250) 386-5874 and they open at 10 am Pacific tomorrow.

I don't know that they would want to handle the actual shipping of it, but I'd be happy to pick it up and take care of that part if you just tell them Shayne will come to pick it up - they're actually pretty used to me picking up things that have been ordered over the phone by someone else due to a friend of ours that moved away still making orders that way.

I definitely appreciate it. I' going to try and hit them up in the morning. Thanks

@Dead C Rough estimate on shipping for the Dirty Three to Washington looks like $25-30 CAD

My measurement and weigh guesses could be a little off, but that gives a realistic ballpark.

There are 3 shipping options within those ranges, or a couple of other options available that get significantly more expensive.

If they still have it, I would definitely pay that, at this point. Thanks again

That's incredibly generous of you, @avecigrec, thank you, but that shipping puts it out of reach for me. I appreciate your willingness to help me out!

I'll track it down. I found a place in Ontario that doesn't ship to the US, too. Maybe I should keep looking in Canada
So another alternative I was going to do if I had struck out on it is Popmarket has a few on their discogs for $25 each. They are new and sealed. Could be the 2009 reissue that has good reviews, or maybe be lucky and it's the new deluxe version because it states that it is the "latest run"
Dirty Three - Ocean Songs

Url: Dirty Three – Ocean Songs (2009, Vinyl)

Shared from the Discogs App

So another alternative I was going to do if I had struck out on it is Popmarket has a few on their discogs for $25 each. They are new and sealed. Could be the 2009 reissue that has good reviews, or maybe be lucky and it's the new deluxe version because it states that it is the "latest run"
Dirty Three - Ocean Songs

Url: Dirty Three – Ocean Songs (2009, Vinyl)

Shared from the Discogs App

Thanks, but this deluxe is a whole other animal, so I doubt that's it

There IS one more thing that I'm looking for and it was my number one want from last year, but it kept getting moved.

The DIRTY THREE - OCEAN SONGS box set

I ordered it from Fat Beats in October and they never shipped it. I hit them up in April, once I saw it announced for yesterday's drop, and this is what they wrote back

"Wolfgang from Fatbeats here.

Myself and the current Fatbeats team were brought on about a month ago, and until the RSD list came out last week, had no idea that the title had been re-scheduled. We never received word from our distributor about such a decision. Thus, our plan at this juncture is to order this title in surplus, so that we can fulfill the approximately 16-20 orders that were already processed and so we can have some to offer on RSD. If anything changes, we will let you know.

-Wolfgang
"

I'm not feeling very confident about this and now I can't find it anywhere else. If anyone comes across this thing, please let me know. It was originally on the list before they had to split RSD into 3 days, so I've been trying to buy it for a year now.

Thanks
I am in the exact same boat. I reached out to Fat Beats but haven’t heard back yet. Has anyone seen one in the wild anywhere? Maybe pushed back to July?

Back