July '22 N&G Vinyl Spin Challenge - Ball So Hard, M*****f***ers Want To Fine Me

Day 23: Los Angeles Lakers

Play an album from an artist from Los Angeles or an album that references celebrity. (Sure I could have done the same clue as the Clippers, but I didn't).

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf

An LA band with a road trip concept album starting in LA and ending in Joshua Tree.

20200218_170001-jpg.33376

Day 22: Los Angeles Clippers

Play an album from an artist from Southern California or an album that features a reference to water.

Tom Waits - Blue Valentine

View attachment 146682

Play an album from an artist from Los Angeles or an album that references celebrity. (Sure I could have done the same clue as the Clippers, but I didn't).

Cherry Glazerr - Apocalipstick

EF8A68C0-E14E-40E1-853B-1378F9F4862C.jpeg

Day 24: Phoenix Suns
Play an album from an artist from Arizona or an album that references sunshine in one of its song titles.

Going a bit under the radar with some Tucson boys.

Sidewinders are kind of like a desert version of TAD - everything that could go wrong when they had their well-deserved chance to bust out went wrong.

Keeping with the sun theme...

Got to know Rich and Dave a bit in the early 90's. Here's a handbill from a show where I drank a lot of their beer and they were dumb enough to write their contact info on the back...

20220724_003153.jpg

A couple more songs. An official video followed by an audience shot live take of their opus 'What She Said' from a reunion late last year. These guys are so good. Deserved a much wider audience...

Sidewinders - Witchdoctor

20220724_004927.jpg

Cherry Glazerr - Apocalipstick

View attachment 146786

Day 24: Phoenix Suns

Play an album from an artist from Arizona or an album that references sunshine in one of its song titles.

Khruangbin and Leon Bridges - Texas Sun

0EB48F18-623F-4FF3-A34F-46CA91FDEEFF.jpeg

Back