July 2020 Record Challenge (The Raffle Strikes Back)

I want to give a huge thanks for everyone who has participated! I've loved seeing people engaging and everyone's choices, but all things must come to an end. Appreciate y'all for making this month a bit better 💙

I'll let those who might need to catch up until next Friday or so, and I'll be using that time to go through and count up everyone who will be eligible for the drawing. Again, thanks for taking part everyone! And may the odds be ever in your favor 👀

July 31
Great finish

Queen "Innuendo"
The last Queen album that has Freddie Mercury's active involvement is actually my favorite Queen album. The tracks and lyrics are really incredible. ♥️

IMG_20200801_062920.jpg

Thanks to @gaporter for hosting this wonderful thread and to all, who have participated. I've enjoyed the themes a lot and it was great to discover new music this way and to find some pleasant distraction from what keeps the world busy. 💜

Fine, it looks the record I was gonna do for Day 24 isn’t gonna be in on time:
Day 24:
A different album that I’ll play LOUD:
Sleater-Kinney - The Woods
The album I was originally going to do for this day was a bootleg copy of Slipknot’s Iowa that’s still stuck in transit, so this one will have to do. Thankfully this one’s also really noisy and aggressive.
image.jpg

Day 30:
An album that’s apocalyptic:
Ghost - Meliora
Cirice followed by Spoksonat sounds like I’ve heard the end of the world followed by the aftermath of said apocalypse.
image.jpg
Day 31:
Another free day:
100 gecs - 1000 gecs
Gecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgecgec
image.jpg

Last edited:
Catching up!!

Day 27 - Thanks for Sharing

D2ACD236-4A1A-463C-BA5E-70EEB846AC94.jpeg

Black Market Brass "Undying Thirst"

I have no records directly from a member but I saw this posted enough to check it out and was not disappointed!

Day 28 - It's Mostly The Voice

83A96E69-B08A-481F-A1FD-636E63C2A845.jpeg

Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah "S/T"

That voice is definitely unique! I love this record and have no idea why it took so long to get a copy! I just wanted to play this today, good thing it fit!

Day 29 - Is that a Synth?

509608FB-BE6D-455B-B410-4698575F9CAF.jpeg

Baio "The Names"

I like both his records and enjoy his weekend work as a vampire!

Day 30 - Then in the End....

B033981F-82DE-424C-B24F-49F8938FA5CA.jpeg

Godspeed You Black Emperor "Yanqui U.X.O"

All Godspeed sounds like the end of the world and I feel like I've played almost all there records this and last month so might as well get this one out here too!!

31 - Freedom

A day late as this arrived right before vacation and this was my first opportunity to clean about a dozen new records. I have to hand it to Sub Pop for the best record packaging maybe I have ever seen. The inner sleeves were nice anti stat plastic, the download card was embossed vellum, the lyric insert sheet was also embossed card stock. The vinyl itself was perfectly clean and seems extremely well mastered and pressed. Been awhile since I felt like I got ever penny’s worth of my buying price.

Ugly Casanova - Sharpen Your Teeth

52B13161-84F3-4E7A-A8A3-2872E12AD590.jpeg

31 - Freedom

A day late as this arrived right before vacation and this was my first opportunity to clean about a dozen new records. I have to hand it to Sub Pop for the best record packaging maybe I have ever seen. The inner sleeves were nice anti stat plastic, the download card was embossed vellum, the lyric insert sheet was also embossed card stock. The vinyl itself was perfectly clean and seems extremely well mastered and pressed. Been awhile since I felt like I got ever penny’s worth of my buying price.

Ugly Casanova - Sharpen Your Teeth

View attachment 59417

Ah, I remember driving an hour with my friends to see them, only to arrive at the venue and discover that it was 21-and-over only. I even told the guy at the door I was Mormon and didn't drink to try and get in!

Anybody looking to keep the party going can head over to the August Challenge Thread where @wmeugene is Captaining the ship...

Hey man! Random bump - but how does this sound?

Actually, really good! This one is the Chris Bellman cut, which I assume you’d get if you bought it new (if you find it used, look in the runouts because I believe the early ones didn’t have the CB). It actually has very little surface noise, and none of the persistent hum that some pic discs have.

Back