July 2020 Record Challenge (The Raffle Strikes Back)

JULY 7
SORRY FOR THE WAIT
An artist you wish would release new music

Ty usually pumps out 3 or 4 records annually. We haven't had a record from him in 2020. That's like a 5 year gap in normal artist years. Can someone check on him?

Ty Segall & Freedom Band - Freedom's Goblin

Neil fans - here's your modern day Down By The River...

20200120_010935.jpg

JULY 7
SORRY FOR THE WAIT
An artist you wish would release new music

Ty usually pumps out 3 or 4 records annually. We haven't had a record from him in 2020. That's like a 5 year gap in normal artist years. Can someone check on him?

Ty Segall & Freedom Band - Freedom's Goblin

Neil fans - here's your modern day Down By The River...

View attachment 55615

He did do that Wasted Shirt album with Brian Chippendale, but yeah, I'm ready for another solo project too!

They did those RSD singles. I was pretty let down by Strangers and kind of figured they were about done. I thought they were doing a collab with Big Boi or something like that, though.

I didn't love Strangers either but in revisiting it, there are four or five tracks that are pretty great. And yeah, I bought the 25 dollar triangular RSD MM release, I did spin it once at least.

Day 8 - Ooh, Pretty

I rarely care for variants and often go for black for economical and audio quality reasons. I am especially averse to solid colors although I can appreciate clear colors. I have very few spatters but the latest Tortoise TNT AOTM is definitely one that I actually really like. Far too often the colors on clear records mute when placed on a black mat but these actually enhance. The label appears to float over the disc.

3F71009D-A8C2-45A2-BF6E-F568518E8A6E.jpeg

day 8 - ooh, pretty

17C3067C-A394-45D8-BBF6-C3B0FD577DB5.jpeg95A834A7-9259-4A95-9B23-94C6FDE65353.jpeg

phish - hoist

i’ve done enough of these challenges now where it’s getting harder to find things to play for topics like this one that i haven’t already used, so i’m having to dig a bit deeper to pick out records to highlight. i’m not a huge fan of creamsicle-like color palettes, but this does look nice under the light.

day 8 - ooh, pretty

View attachment 55672View attachment 55673

phish - hoist

i’ve done enough of these challenges now where it’s getting harder to find things to play for topics like this one that i haven’t already used, so i’m having to dig a bit deeper to pick out records to highlight. i’m not a huge fan of creamsicle-like color palettes, but this does look nice under the light.
Have you heard the story of the horse hoisting album cover?

Back