January 2023 Spinning Challenge: Welcome To 2023

Day 2: Hangover
I suppose technically the hangover was yesterday but still. Play an album to soothe a well earned sore head!

Jónsi - Go Live

BAA18C4D-98CD-4EAC-8275-AF9ACDA66A06.jpeg

Already potentially breaking the rules, but I assure you the CD is spinning. I prefer this live album to the studio album. It came with a DVD of the show which had some impressive visuals.

Day 1: Happy New Year

Wilco - summerteeth

I fell out about halfway through the December challenge due to general life/holiday busyness, but am trying again. Yesterday and today are slow, relaxing days before jumping back into work. I'll start the year with one of my all-time favourite albums, from some of Chicago's finest, and a few cups from one of my favourite mugs.

PXL_20230102_152216525.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose technically the hangover was yesterday but still. Play an album to soothe a well earned sore head!

Jónsi - Go Live

View attachment 162787

Already potentially breaking the rules, but I assure you the CD is spinning. I prefer this live album to the studio album. It came with a DVD of the show which had some impressive visuals.

Nope the rules and thread title were specifically vague because CDs totally spin, it’s all music and I’m intending to play a few this month too!

Raise a wee dram to see in the new year and pick a great album to accompany it.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band - Trouble Is...25

The start of the new year is your chance to look back, and re-record your life in a way. Here's a re-recorded version of an album.

20230102_111353.jpg

U2 - Live Under A Blood Red Sky

I know they’re not everyone’s favourite but I’m have a lot of time for pre-Eno U2 and I have had a hankering to spin some for a while. Also super obvious choice for this days spins and I always liked live music to see in the new year.

This wee dram is a current favourite Irish whiskey of mine, Yellow Spot.

4A106E4B-D44B-4E45-AEAB-4D7EC8DE7258.jpeg0FCE1E8C-A1A8-41D1-9507-B5A350F6F11C.jpeg4B01B859-63C8-4C6D-879F-9ABB3F4ED841.jpeg

Jónsi - Go Live

View attachment 162787

This was a spectacular tour. The choreography of the music and visuals were stunning. And the finale (Grow Till Tall) still stands as one of the loudest things I've experienced.

I don't know that this is classified as a great album, and I'm guessing it's the first time Dan Fogelberg has made an appearance in a challenge thread. Purchased as track 1 is named Tullamore Dew, which I happen to have a wee dram of.

Dan Fogelberg ~ Phoenix

1672695442749.png

Super Furry Animals - Fuzzy Logic

Ok, so I turn 40 this year but I've never had an alcoholic drink. Maybe this year I'll finally try one!

I'll go for something fun to kick things off, plus "Something 4 the Weekend" fits the theme quite well.

IMG_20230102_151051382_HDR.jpg

human-alcohol-beer-order-beer-jim-the-vampire-wwdits.gif

Super Furry Animals - Fuzzy Logic

Ok, so I turn 40 this year but I've never had an alcoholic drink. Maybe this year I'll finally try one!

I'll go for something fun to kick things off, plus "Something 4 the Weekend" fits the theme quite well.

View attachment 162834

human-alcohol-beer-order-beer-jim-the-vampire-wwdits.gif

I’m 40 this year as well, I think I might have drank all your share of the alcohol too…

I suppose technically the hangover was yesterday but still. Play an album to soothe a well earned sore head
PXL_20230103_011822635.MP.jpg
Nils Frahm Spaces - The last hangover I had I didn't want to hear myself think, I wasn't playing any music that day! I drove home in silence! Love the drinking part but have grown to loathe the hangover so I rarely ever drink...if I did I guess this would be somewhat soothing the next day...

Day 2 - Hangover

38EB22FD-2FDA-4763-9AF9-317237000854.jpeg

Feist - Let it Die

This was really hard to pick because when I’m hungover I don’t want any music playing and i just wanna die lol. The title of this one relates to that feeling and it’s also my go to lazy day album so I guess that works also

Federico Albanese – Before And Now Seems Infinite
20230102_202932.jpg

I can't even recall how I stumbled upon Albanese's The Blue Hour a few years back but he has fast become one of my favourite neo-classical artists. I'm still working my way into his latest, as it didn't hit quite as deeply or as immediately for me as his previous works so this is a great excuse to give it another spin.

Back